Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    At some point I want to stick a decent gear in there. The trans will be an OD piece so it will be fun to get choosy with the rear end ratio. Maybe we'll have a contest to see how many passes the story 8.5" 10 bolt survives for after the BBC is living under the hood.
    Put a TKO600 in it and have some real fun.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

2300 bucks at American Driveline, I was just looking at them. Maybe they would cut a Bangshifter a little deal on a group purchase?

NV3500? ZF Six speed? As I remember the car, they have a big tunnel. Brian doesn't seem to mind ape like stretches to shift gears.
      Last edited by Beagle; March 31, 2012, 08:39 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Ok. Get a NP A833OD like I have. I got two for $300 ea.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          At some point I want to stick a decent gear in there. The trans will be an OD piece so it will be fun to get choosy with the rear end ratio. Maybe we'll have a contest to see how many passes the story 8.5" 10 bolt survives for after the BBC is living under the hood.
          Slicks or street tires?..The 8,5 inch will survive a looooooong time with street tires...

Comment

I'm still half-ass looking for an M22... close ratio doesn't seem as necessary for a big inch mill though. The Mope tranny is getting a little harder to find here, I had thought about that several times.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

And a big headache about installing a manual trans in these cars...they where never delivered wit it,so a clutch pedal and assembly doesnt exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                Slicks or street tires?..The 8,5 inch will survive a looooooong time with street tires...
                I'm going to be really testing the limits of the 8.5" on Drag Week this year. I was soft launching it last year on drag radials. This year I hope to be hitting it hard. There are people with success with them down in the 10's, and I'm a long way from that, but it is a stick
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

And a big headache about installing a manual trans in these cars...they where never delivered wit it,so a clutch pedal and assembly doesnt exist.
                  Use one from a 68-73 chevelle. More room in this car than those. A little brake pedal bracket hacking and weldiing and your set. It's not like the other cars have pedals in different places.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

if people can put a third pedal in newer panther i think a 80's caprice would a be a peice of cake

mainly becuase more transmission options
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Yeah, there is some R&D being done on this front. Like I always say....stay tuned.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Oh yeah, there's a reason those 10 spline 833OD transmissions aren't all that expensive. I killed three of them in a no horsepower truck in high school.

Comment

All hail the TKO-600 When ever I decide the TKO-600 needs some internal maintenence (knocking on ~50,000 miles on it now), I may see about doing the upgrades for better shifting, but even now I think it's awesome and probably the most bullet proof part of my drivetrain.

I'd be shocked if you have any trouble adapting (bolting right in) some early to mid-70's pedal set to your Caprice. IMO the hardest part will be coming up with a proper Z-bar and frame mount if you go with mechanical linkage, which of course is negated by a hydraulic system. I contemplate going to a hydraulic system every now and then, but the mechanical stuff hasn't let me down yet.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

i see this +2 more doors....
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Frank Savage's NMCA car!
                              Last edited by Brian Lohnes; March 31, 2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I didnt post that TWISTING 4 door video I sent you....YET!
                                Reading , Pa
                                Good Guys rodders rep.
                                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                                X