Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Sweet! That thing must have been a sled with the 3.8 in it.

It is funny, my first car was a 1984 Monte Carlo and I am pretty sure that no one loved molded plastic more than GM in the 1980s. Working on the Caprice reminds me so much of working on my Monte back in the day.

Thanks for joining in the fun, man! You are a local dude, too! You hit any cruise nights on the south shore?

It was not as bad as the 2.2L that was in the Plymouth K car that I also learned to drive in. I plan eventually to hit the Bass Pro Shops show with my Monte as soon as I can get it moving again.
    Muscle Cars and Rally Cars.

Comment

You don't even need a decent one. My welder is a complete embarrassing Chinese shit box. I well up when I see a Millermatic with auto-set. Mine is a Solar brand which rules because the brand is not longer sold and the parent company of the brand has gone out of business. By rules, I mean "sucks".

Rusty -- no need to hunt. Drop me a line when you will be around and I will show up in it to do burnouts and drink beer. That's how I roll.
      i just have a flux core welder that only has a speed setting can not change the amps. it is really hard to weld with it
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Nice repair on the roof. Yeah, a nice mig welder pays for itself many times over. My last job I begged for years to get one, then they listened. I think the first week I fixed 2 carts for the mail dept that were going to replace them due to some cracks. The carts cost something like $350 a piece. The welder just paid for itself!

If I wasn't so cash strapped at the moment, there's a nice rust free South Carolina 78 2 door 305 Caprice for sale just sitting by me in PA.
        Last edited by Huskinhano; April 16, 2012, 09:44 PM.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost85 View Post
          One reason I joined these forums was this car, (saw it posted on another forum). I learned how to drive in an 87 Caprice with the 3.8L V6. I've had my share of 80's GM sedans and coupes.
          Dang, I owned buford for years , and nobody noticed it, Brian Gets it and Buford becomes a rock star! LOL
          Maybe I should give Brian the GTO and the wagon!
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
            Dang, I owned buford for years , and nobody noticed it, Brian Gets it and Buford becomes a rock star! LOL
            Maybe I should give Brian the GTO and the wagon!
            I have said this for years,and you didnt listen..you sold him!!!.

Comment

• So we're still waiting for the lowdown on this transformation. Course I realize how crewing on a Pro Mod would take precedence.

Comment

• 1/4 mile can seem like an eternity...

...I'll leave it to Brian to post the results...
                I take photos.

Comment

• The question is - what thread will Bruab update? Will it take me longer to find it than the car took in the quarter? Did it take more than one official Scrabble hourglass timer ? I'm pretty sure I felt the earth stop moving this weekend, it must have been the anti-gravitational-torque from this launch!

With a lift of the leg and a puff out the pipes, Hi Ho Buford, Away!!!

Yeah, seriously Bruab, spill it.

two things hit me looking at those pics.

1) Padded vinyl top and spoke hubcaps.
                  2) The mark on the trunk - mine got a scar like that from a dead hoo..., errr, I mean a two ton jack that slid across the trunk.
                  Last edited by Beagle; April 30, 2012, 03:58 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• The front page blog will be updated today. Both Nutting and I were kinda shocked at what the thing ran...
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The front page blog will be updated today. Both Nutting and I were kinda shocked at what the thing ran...
                      a fifteen something. We shoulda put the poll on here.
                      Last edited by Beagle; April 30, 2012, 06:30 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Man I sure figured it would be a solid 16 second car!! I'll be shocked to see it in the 15's. (Unless it just dipped a toe in the 15 second end of the pool)
                        Sure this thing hasn't seen some tune up time?
                        Just seems hard to believe that a feedback Q jet/CC HEI car with tons of miles/years would run that good unless somebody's been tuning on it a little!

Comment

The front page blog will be updated today. Both Nutting and I were kinda shocked at what the thing ran...
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                            Man I sure figured it would be a solid 16 second car!! I'll be shocked to see it in the 15's. (Unless it just dipped a toe in the 15 second end of the pool)
                            Sure this thing hasn't seen some tune up time?
                            Just seems hard to believe that a feedback Q jet/CC HEI car with tons of miles/years would run that good unless somebody's been tuning on it a little!
                            I owned it for a bunch of years, and it was lucky to get clean oil! we swapped wires and fuel filter before he headed home, and I warned him that the 700r4 flares when shifting to od at WOT. I know what it ran....and Im even surprised!
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

• he keeps this up, ill be trying to buy it back!
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

• the times in the comments. shamefully underestimating.

this is a cop car.

no squishy body sucking at the two big back barrels creating the spongy hopelessness of a subaru wagon.

15 @

send my free shirt to:

I underestimate too..but this is from my own experience. (Alot of miles on v8 sedans and quadrajets). forgot to equate a harder body of the cop car.

3 speed years, into lockup, into four speed.
                                the anticipation is ridiculous. post the times already.
                                Previously boxer3main
                                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X