Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    thank gawd. That keeps me from having to anonymously mail liquified cat poop to your house.

I'm siding with Steve on the SBC and no pill it till it pukes, but it's your world boss. The A/C clutch ate it on mine. If you jump the low pressure switch and it engages the clutch and doesn't sound like a box of rocks, it's a great candidate for leak detector testing. Those bigass compressors lasted forever as I remember it, but o-rings leak, hoses crap out. It'd be worth a couple hundred to get it working in Mama-money. She'll love you for it in the summer. So will the boys. You can't just tell mom and kids to nut it up! I guess you can, but then you wind up single, doing Charlie Sheen commercials.
    Beagle: Straightforward, On point, Clear thinking, Correct in every way - as usual. Brian, I suggest carefully considering these words.
    -dulcich

Comment

• you dont have a hair on your nads if you dont install a shift kit....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Please keep the BBC and put a 4 1/4 stroke crank in it. With aluminum heads, intake and WP the weight won't be that bad and with the right front springs and a large front sway bar the handling will be fine. At least thats what I'm hoping on my Chevelle.

Comment

• Old, fear not, I can't ditch on the BBC. It is a 454cid engine, no stroker for the time being.

The suspension going under the car is good stuff. Once I have it all together I'll spread the word.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• I'm a big believer in getting the most c.i. out of the package you can. Of course budget can be a limiting factor.

Comment

• A 454 is cool too, either way I wouldn't spend a penny on that 350.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                thank gawd. That keeps me from having to anonymously mail liquified cat poop to your house.

I'm siding with Steve on the SBC and no pill it till it pukes, but it's your world boss. The A/C clutch ate it on mine. If you jump the low pressure switch and it engages the clutch and doesn't sound like a box of rocks, it's a great candidate for leak detector testing. Those bigass compressors lasted forever as I remember it, but o-rings leak, hoses crap out. It'd be worth a couple hundred to get it working in Mama-money. She'll love you for it in the summer. So will the boys. You can't just tell mom and kids to nut it up! I guess you can, but then you wind up single, doing Charlie Sheen commercials.
                IFRC, the front seal was leaking on the Compressor ,but That was a long time ago.......
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• Buford is heading to the dyno, probably next week.

More dumb fun.

Comment

• Dyno time is $65/hr at Wayne's here (in Jacksonville NC). Just sayin'....... And you know you have a place to stay (I'm about 40 miles or so from Wayne's).

Dan

Comment

• It is costing me a cheese pizza here and it is about 20 minutes from the house.

Comment

• Now THAT'S a bargain! I'm not THAT friendly with Wayne - but you won't get a trip out of it.

Later
                        Dan

Comment

• KABOOM!

Comment

• Whoops!

Glad no injuries were involved...........that shaft looks really clean inside too. I was always under the impression that lots of old stock driveshaft failures were the result of abuse combined with internal rust from condensation. Does not seem to be the culprit here.

Just was not up to the immense power involved I guess.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I'm glad you idiots are okay! I'd bet the u-joints said BYE. You don't get long to react to that at 5000 RPM shaft speed. Time for a retention loop and an aluminum shaft.. I'd bet there are x-member holes in the frame already for anything you want to put in there. TH400? Run some 265-70x17's on the street (31.5-32) and your highway RPM won't be too insane.

Damn, I missed the tshirt by a number I think.

"that guy" moment, is there any way to consolidate these threads?

Seriously glad you guys stepped back. Yiikes!
                              Last edited by Beagle; May 8, 2012, 06:58 AM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• See everyone laughs, but flipping the air cleaner truly does make godly amounts of HP.........Enough to rip a driveline into three pieces........
                                Last edited by TC; May 8, 2012, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X