No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlops to match the belt situation? Hehe.

Hankooks and Kuhmo's SUCK for what it's worth Bruab. Just FYI... and while I used to hate Generals with a passion, the ones I put on the Escape I've been really pleased with. Get a return guarantee if you can?

I'm guessing a 275/45-17? 275/60-17 in the back is huge but man would it fill up that well.

I'm thinking about D holes or soft eights for plan whatever the hell it is now...
    Last edited by Beagle; June 30, 2012, 08:33 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Going to be sweet Brian !!!

Comment

• It's been 11 days, have you killed it yet?
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Got a few irons in the fire regarding tires but one of them in particular looks really good. When we lock it down I'll spill the beans but it isn't something you are going to guess right off the top of your head.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• firestone?
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Got a few irons in the fire regarding tires but one of them in particular looks really good. When we lock it down I'll spill the beans but it isn't something you are going to guess right off the top of your head.
              Whitewalls?
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• BadYear

Comment

• First we get wheel and tire, then we get moose and squirrel...

Comment

• Hmmmm..... I'm thinking M/T Street Comps!
                    Very nice! Can't wait to see the soft 8's/rubber/suspension parts on the Big B!

Oh, you did all that work to get him moving, we need another drag day!
                    And I'd really love to see you wallow through the cones! (although with the police spec junk on there it might not be that bad? Shear size is probably your enemy depending on the size of the course...)

Comment

• I think we're going to rig up a slalom just to get some good before and after photos of the car with respect to body roll and stuff.

Once we get those handling photos, we'll attempt another drag day but that dyno session didn't do a whole lot for the motor, either. Not sure if the rings are heading south or if the thing is sucking oil from somewhere else, but it is a lot more of a smoker since those few 5,000RPM pulls. No death rattles so it will probably live on the drive to the strip and back. HA!

Losing that short first gear in the 700 really chopped the nuts off the car to be honest.

Comment

• Did you put a tach in it yet? I don't think it was going to 5 grand at the track like you did on the dyno. Very well could of moved it closer to the edge of the pier.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• It was shifting at 3500-4K at the strip. On the dyno we ran the thing to 5 grand. The driveshaft came out of it at 5K in 3rd gear which was 125mph. I think it is dipping a toe in from the edge of the pier!

Comment

• Going to bring your own tow truck and bag of kitty litter to the track with you? It would be kind of funny if you sent a rod packing at the start line, got out, popped the trunk and grabbed your own bag of kitty litter.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• That would be a good move!

At 6mpg, Brutus can stay home. I'll call my own version of AAA (my pop!) for a lift home if the thing blows up. HA!

Comment

• Man....sorry to hear the deep 700R first made that big of an impact.... I figured it would make a difference, I just didn't know how much!
                                At least you shouldn't have to worry about wheel spin anymore!

Guess you're gonna have to get moving on the 454!

Oh, just how long did it take to pull to 5000rpm on the dyno? I'm sure the old 350 hadn't been worked like that in years!

Comment

Working...
                                X