No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was singing the praises of my electric impact gun today. 25 year old bolts from a region of the country where rust lives don't like moving without some persuasion.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      Big hammer and a block of wood is my absolute favorite tool. You guys probably have no idea how many times I've resorted to that while working on my cars.
      I think Brian does that too, but only when working on the ignition.

HA!

I kill me...
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        I was singing the praises of my electric impact gun today. 25 year old bolts from a region of the country where rust lives don't like moving without some persuasion.
        My Craftsman cordless impact got a lot of excercise with my suspension work.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Brian, picture caption from headliine story,

"The front bumper filler did not fare so well on the ride home. The brittle old plastic didn't like the 75mph wind on the nose of the car and it started jumping to freedom in chunks and pieces. We had about 30% left by the time we got home. These are readily available."

Please site the source from which they are available. Please, oh please, oh please
          Last edited by 68scott385; July 29, 2012, 01:16 AM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• $96 bucks from RockAuto.com

Comment

• Thank You

Comment

• No sweat, but if you buy the last one, I will find you and kick your ass.

Comment

• Very nice!! Have you made any progress on the suspension rebuild?
                  We did an el'cheapo suspension rebuild using bigger sway bars, better shocks, fresh springs/bushings and quicker ratio steering box on a heavy fullsize car. Night and day difference!

Using quality aftermarket parts and bigger diameter/wider tires should be eye opening when done! Then you'll REALLY want more power!

Comment

No sweat, but if you buy the last one, I will find you and kick your ass.
                    Ordered and awaiting delivery.

You can have them when you pry them out of my cold, dead hands, ...oh wait, that's something else. Right??

Comment

• There's also Sherman and Associates in Washington Twp., MI (outside Detroit). I think it's <shermanparts.com>, IIRC. BIG replacement parts house.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                        Very nice!! Have you made any progress on the suspension rebuild?
                        We did an el'cheapo suspension rebuild using bigger sway bars, better shocks, fresh springs/bushings and quicker ratio steering box on a heavy fullsize car. Night and day difference!

Using quality aftermarket parts and bigger diameter/wider tires should be eye opening when done! Then you'll REALLY want more power!
                        Andy...you bet. It is a bear of a job to do on your back in the driveway, but progress is being made. Rear uppers installed and the passenger side is 100% done with the lowers, new bushings, spring, and shock installed. Tomorrow I am hoping to get the lower on the driver's side in as well as the spring and shock. Then it will be time to blow the front apart.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• brian, I have a really bitchen spring compressor that I could ship you for the front susp.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• Plus if you felt like a road trip, you are welcome to the lift, plus I have the pocket bike running good !
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Andy...you bet. It is a bear of a job to do on your back in the driveway, but progress is being made. Rear uppers installed and the passenger side is 100% done with the lowers, new bushings, spring, and shock installed. Tomorrow I am hoping to get the lower on the driver's side in as well as the spring and shock. Then it will be time to blow the front apart.
                              Gee, I wouldn't know anything about lying on my back doing suspension work.

PS, I noticed today that my steering radius has improved dramatically since the new parts. Bonus!!
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Hmmm.... Maybe you should do a performance test with just the rear done!
                                Although I assume it would just make the front push, which isn't much fun. If it induced snap oversteer....that could be interesting....

Comment

Working...
                                X