No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll allow it. Thanks for continuing to influence the future generation. We've had snow packed on the driveway at work for a few weeks now. I come in all hot bothered and sideways at 6am every morning. But we're off track. Buford sounds great! Potato potato potato.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      I was out ripping donuts in my DD Escape with the kids earlier. The Caprice literally wouldn't move in this junk if I tried. The MT tires like a little heat in them and are a UHP summer tire so yesterday when taking it to do the oil pan at my FIL's house I thought something was wrong with the rear end because the car was tracking weird. Yeah, it was spinning the tires at will because of the cold roads and the compound used in the tires.

Brian

that may explain sliding around with all four wheels spinning. I went for a ride earlier, very very cold snow.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• daaang, nice!!!

now i wish i PMed you- I was out that way again and had nothing to do allll day long
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

• So Brian, have been watching this thread, and the front page patiently for hours...you hinted to an update on buford, but did it get lost? I have really been watching because i have a 92 K1500 Blazer, with basically the same engine, and I want to do some of what you do to it...

Signed, waiting for update blog items!

Comment

• Matt, I promise a story on Monday. It should have been up today but I didn't get it finished in time. The next one will expose how dumb I am, but hey, I'm not about to start hiding that fact now.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Matt, I promise a story on Monday. It should have been up today but I didn't get it finished in time. The next one will expose how dumb I am, but hey, I'm not about to start hiding that fact now.
              You tease. At least post that pic you sent me.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Hey man, it's all good Just another loyal reader, hoping for some insight! Cant wait for monday!

Comment

• Oh lordy, you busted another transmission case. I can feel the disturbance in the force.

Comment

• NO!!!! No transmissions have been harmed.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• was it the rearend this time?
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

• Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Wow.... Nice to hear someone tell the truth!!! Man it sucks to do all that work and not be rewarded!!!
                          BUT! I bet that happens to be more the norm than you think! (at least that is the norm for ME!)
                          Now that the bolting-on part is done, the REAL gear-head work begins!
                          Anyone can bolt stuff together, making it work takes thought and dedication. I can think of five different combo's that guys I know put together, but never bothered to really tune them and I think left a bunch on the table.
                          Hell I've done that on three different builds before I had access to tons of information on tuning.

It will be interesing to hear what the autopsy of the original carb shows....SOMETHING must be going on there?
                          14:1 A/F ratio....yikes! That's pretty lean to be making power pulls on?
                          Did you only fatten up the jets in the secondaries and left the primaries alone?

I totally agree with walking away from a car that has burned you if you have the time! I've come up with way better solutions after some time away to think about it.

Can't wait to see what it does when you get it sorted out, spring is coming!

Comment

• What was keeping the vacuum secondaries from opening?
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              What was keeping the vacuum secondaries from opening?
                              Piece of gasket?
                              Hose/linkage?
                              I had non actuating vac sec, An old timer put a small screw and nut half way in the piece that the rod goes into with the slot .. Made it a semi mechanical secondary carb.. Do it near the end of the slot.. Once the bolt forces the sec open, vac took over and opened it the rest of the way.. Might not be "proper fix" but works
                              Last edited by Deaf Bob; February 18, 2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Base gasket, wrong gasket between main body and base plate can cause it. Frozen throttle blades or shaft. Secondary diaphram old and hard as a rock. Clogged vacuum port for secondary. Stuck check ball in vacuum pot. I can't see how the intake could be the problem as it is a spread bore intake.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X