No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I put a bit over 1,000 mile on my new exhaust I haven't gotten back under it to see if there are any "exhaust leak" trails from possible pin holes.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by thesilverbuick View Post
      now that i put a bit over 1,000 mile on my new exhaust i haven't gotten back under it to see if there are any "exhaust leak" trails from possible pin holes.
      DUCT TAPE works...

Comment

• I got one of these thingies

Used to use it all the time when you had to cut the top of a strut off to install cartridges. Old Buick Skyhawks and whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          It was good exercise.

Scott, I have a Sawzall. I just like to make uneven cuts slowly and painfully rather than quickly.
          Aw c'mon! I managed to make headers with my sawzall............ok, I did use the grinder a quite a bit.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Good stuff today. Loaded the kids in the car and cruised around for an hour and a half in traffic and doing some...ummm..acceleration trials. Made the leap of faith and left the house with no tool box. Made it home in one piece and all systems appear to be functioning properly. Tom joyfully added after a quick blast, "Dad, this thing is wayyyy faster now."

Sun, Eddie Money tunes on the radio, Flowmasters growling away....a fine day!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Good stuff today. Loaded the kids in the car and cruised around for an hour and a half in traffic and doing some...ummm..acceleration trials. Made the leap of faith and left the house with no tool box. Made it home in one piece and all systems appear to be functioning properly. Tom joyfully added after a quick blast, "Dad, this thing is wayyyy faster now."

Sun, Eddie Money tunes on the radio, Flowmasters growling away....a fine day!
              I'll drink to that one.

Comment

• Me too - good stuff Brian -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Dyno time next week.....? She sure sounds ready for it!

Comment

• That's the plan Andy. I am looking forward to it now having some piece of mind with the d-shaft and all! Plus, my ass tells me that the thing is making more snot!

Comment

That's the plan Andy. I am looking forward to it now having some piece of mind with the d-shaft and all! Plus, my ass tells me that the thing is making more snot!
                      or do you mean shot? as in n2o...

Comment

• Night...I have that planned for mid-summer. A buddy has challenged me to a match race against his SRT-8 Jeep that runs 13.30s. I want to get it close NA and then put a little zoot to it with the blue button.

Comment

• How about a race against my little V6? hehehehe
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

• One I get the sauce bolted on....bring it!

Dyno time this coming week locked in!

Comment

• Got to get some gears in this thing and make that cam work for its fuel!

Can't wait to see dyno results!! Do you think the full exhaust will have an impact vs basically open headers? I have heard that flowmasters, while sound good, don't flow as well as a straight through muffler like a magnaflow. But I imagine at your CI/HP level you should have plenty of flow with 2 1/2" exhaust.

I hope the carb deal is done and you can see the numbers you expected!!

Comment

• Andy, yeah I have heard the same thing. My backside tells me that the car makes a bunch more power, hopefully that bears out. I think we will run it with the full exhaust on and with it unbolted to see differences. Plan on working on tuning timing and jetting in carb (have not idea what this 650 is jetted at. Bolted it on and have been driving). Using the dyno's air fuel meter will help us dial it in.

I am just excited that I am going to the dyno with no plans for a huge effing thrash like the last couple times!

Gears are coming this summer, no doubt!
                                Last edited by Brian Lohnes; April 5, 2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X