Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Sorry, you are right! They are the short travel jobbers. I set them per the directions. So if I remember right, it was a quarter turn.

I was going to run the valves again tomorrow, so I'll give a check!
    Ok, I'm just trying to help, I'm sure you did everything right, but sometimes it's best to ask and know for sure it was done right...
    Last edited by TC; April 13, 2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Hey, everything is on the table at this point. Any input is appreciated!

Weird "problem" to have. The car is fine and fun to drive. It is responsive as hell and if you lay the pedal flat off of idle it will wipe the tires right off the back of the car. The trans shifts great and at full throttle, it'll break the tires loose into second. Knock on wood, it runs nice!

More of just trying to see this thing all the way out to the end and make sure it is "right". Hot rodding paranoid. LOL
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Ok totally dumb question... Is the fuel pump push rod the correct length? As far as I know there is only one length for SBC.
        Do you need a special tipped push rod on a roller cam? Kind of like whe you need to change the distributor gear?

Comment

• Haven't been on here for a few days but I have to ask if you have a fuel pressure guage on your engine? That would seem to be the thing to do at this point instead of all the speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldMachinist View Post
            Haven't been on here for a few days but I have to ask if you have a fuel pressure guage on your engine? That would seem to be the thing to do at this point instead of all the speculation.
            I have been finding out that most are inaccurate.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• They may not be totally accurate but you would determine if your fuel pump can't keep up with demand.

Comment

• Did you get a chance to sort this out?
                Or are you frustrated enough to set it on fire and push it off a cliff?
                Last edited by andy30thz; April 26, 2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldMachinist View Post
                  They may not be totally accurate but you would determine if your fuel pump can't keep up with demand.
                  true.
                  and an incorrect reading being low, means it is moving the fuel...unless it don't come back up at an idle.

I went as far as creating a weeper to a return line, no thump from a regulator. the big 8 don't care about that stuff.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• I wanna know if Bufurd went to Ohio with Brian to stretch his legs on the mile ?
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      I wanna know if Bufurd went to Ohio with Brian to stretch his legs on the mile ?
                      Doubtful...Caveman Tony said something about coming from the airport and Braub snoring... in the ETCA thread....

Comment

• Talked to Brian today. He showed up in a 4x4 Escape .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• WIMP! He shoulda drove Buford!

Comment

• Would have cost twice as much!
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                              Would have cost twice as much!
                              True.. And several speeding tickets since he had Caveman with him?

Comment

• Hummm. They both had vehicles so, I don't think so.
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X