No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad had a good point when i talked to him today. That 1.2 seconds is purely power because the car has the exact same rear end gear and transmission ratios as it did when I ran it earlier. The TH350 runs were a horrid waste of time. LOL
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Chad had a good point when i talked to him today. That 1.2 seconds is purely power because the car has the exact same rear end gear and transmission ratios as it did when I ran it earlier. The TH350 runs were a horrid waste of time. LOL
      Nooo... Runs with the 350 were "education runs"... You learnt something, right?

Comment

• Yeah, it proved that a tall first gear coupled with a crappy rear end gear ratio and wide gear splits all suck balls for drag racing...especially when you don't have a lot of torque. Not so sure I learned anything but it sure played out in real life like it did on paper!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
          Picked up 1.2 seconds over the previous best. 14.66/94 was best lap of the day. Not too bad for 4,000lbs with me in it and a lazy 3.08 gear. New components coming next week and gears coming at some point this year, too.
          Congrats, your faster than my trans am was when it was stock . That's not sarcasm either. I'm running a 3.23. That was all she had. 15 flat. I need to take it out again with the LT1 / T5 / Carb w/ high rise intake that will pull till it flys apart ( been to 6,000 ) Beats that TPI that ran out of air at 4600.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• P.S. What gear you plan on going to?
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• i fergot you still had the 3.08 in there, i was thinking you already had a gear and a limited slip
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Great job, Brian! That is a really good improvement.
                -dulcich

Comment

• An improvement of over a second is good. I know your pain with gearing and gear spread, but I have to add my slow ass granny shifting too.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• What was your 60' times? Traction problems?
                    Does your MPH calculate to the same HP you saw on the dyno?

Atomic EFI! Very cool!!! These new systems are so slick, just use a wideband and no tuning needed! Although...you are putting a lot of faith in the WB sensor vs. something that is hard programed at WOT like conventional late model PCM tunes.

Can't wait to see what the heads give you!!

Oh, get some gears in this dang thing already!!! Overdrive means 4.10's, right?!?!?!?

Comment

• Andy, best 60 was a slug like 2.10. I was coming out just off idle and rolling into the throttle through the sixty foot cone. Result was no spin but admittedly weak times. I am
                      Going to see if I can get my hands on a set of ET streets before blowing it apart again. I'd bet you a donut that coming out full kill on the converter (2500 stall) would get the thing to 14.20-3.

Comment

• On gears, I was all in on 4.10s but man, 3.73s may be more economical for highway cruising.

Comment

• earning your stripes BRI

Comment

• Thanks Jim. I was looking goofy in traffic roasting inside the car on the way home withv a smile because the car idled for hours on end in 90 degree heat at 185-195 degrees. That might have made me happier than the 14.66. Lol

Comment

• Well if a T56 are ever in the plans , 6th would tame that down to managable milage.
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• You can fund it by leaving the big block out.
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X