Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    After trying to wrangle some tires and looking at my schedule for the next month or so, I am gonna tear into the motor and get 'r done as to not waste the precious little time I have. I'll punch it into the 13s on the tires and setup I have now, then get after it with some drag rubber.
    And a roadtrip to the Ohio Mile....either driving it there and back like Pdub or trailer it...
    Make a gooood write up... Get cracking!
    We need a poll and see how many of us wanna see this beast run the mile uncorked, singing..wallowing gently on the way to XYZ MPH...

Comment

After trying to wrangle some tires and looking at my schedule for the next month or so, I am gonna tear into the motor and get 'r done as to not waste the precious little time I have. I'll punch it into the 13s on the tires and setup I have now, then get after it with some drag rubber.
      So we're not going to find out why it was going lean in its current configuration?

I was keen to find out what was going on there.
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Deaf Bob, if you are paying for fuel, I'm all in. If I get the EFI sorted before the end of the season, maybe.

65RHD -- I upgraded the fuel pump to the Holley 80 GPH unit from a parts store special that was rated at 40 GPH (bot numbers free flow I am assuming) and It cleared up nicely. Apparently the little wimpy pump couldn't keep up. I also replaced a fuel line that was on the kinked side of bent.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Deaf Bob, if you are paying for fuel, I'm all in. If I get the EFI sorted before the end of the season, maybe.

65RHD -- I upgraded the fuel pump to the Holley 80 GPH unit from a parts store special that was rated at 40 GPH (bot numbers free flow I am assuming) and It cleared up nicely. Apparently the little wimpy pump couldn't keep up. I also replaced a fuel line that was on the kinked side of bent.
          Got me there...
          How about setting up a "collection cup/hat" we can add change to so you have enough to get there and back....
          Guess this is something I would play with over many others, so that may explain my fascination with it..
          Cheaper for me to see you do it...

Comment

• I appreciate the idea but there's no shot in hell I am passing the hat to pay for gas. LOL

Comment

I appreciate the idea but there's no shot in hell I am passing the hat to pay for gas. LOL
              Don't rule it out - I'm in for $20 if it plays out. The Brian Fuel Fund Campaign.
              Last edited by pdub; July 11, 2013, 04:51 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Don't blame me if you pass me the hat with 200.00 already in it and there's only 100.00 when it goes to the next guy....

just kidding. It'd be empty. I need gas too, despite what Monica says about me not needing any more gas.
                Last edited by Beagle; July 11, 2013, 06:24 PM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• blue bottle.......... call woods at nitrous express and see what he can do

Comment

Too bad you weren't closer. I have BFG drag radials I have been trying to sell cheap. I would've donated them to your cause.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      Too bad you weren't closer. I have BFG drag radials I have been trying to sell cheap. I would've donated them to your cause.
                      Tell me about it!! I have a set of 15x7/15x10's with 5.5" back spacing, 5 on 5 bolt pattern and a set of 28x13.5's I'd love to see on Buford!
                      They are heavy ass cragar street star lookalikes, so there wouldn't be a ton of weight savings. But the traction would be steller!

Comment

I appreciate the idea but there's no shot in hell I am passing the hat to pay for gas. LOL
                        If we're passing a hat we should make him drive Brutus. Top speed run too!

Comment

• Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                          Tell me about it!! I have a set of 15x7/15x10's with 5.5" back spacing, 5 on 5 bolt pattern and a set of 28x13.5's I'd love to see on Buford!
                          They are heavy ass cragar street star lookalikes, so there wouldn't be a ton of weight savings. But the traction would be steller!
                          Define "heavy ass" on a two ton car?
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                            If we're passing a hat we should make him drive Brutus. Top speed run too!
                            Too bad we don't have the car rag's "project accounting" where you can do it bit by bit.. Under deadline... No. Really.. Some of the guys on this wunnerful site could not care less of the brutality of a 1/4 (1/8?) mile banzai run.. A mile drag.. That, I can get into..
                            I understand drag races.. Just not my cuppa, I kinda like the country road twisties with a few random straights thrown in which is illegal to do really fun..
                            I think a mile taxes a car gentler and is a good indicator of good performace..
                            Last edited by Deaf Bob; July 12, 2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Guy drives by my house today in a really nice Nova (68-72) style. I hear him land on the brakes and wheel around. Next thing I know he is pulling into my driveway. "Hey are you?" Yep. "Is that?" yep. "COOL!" -- LOL me and the dude talked for a while. His Nova has a sweet old school 427 in it.

Comment

• Celebrity Lohnes. Don't let your head get too big
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X