Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Check the front page Danimal!
    Duh! Some of us live here, not the front page..
    Not to put down the front page.. There are guys who live there and the majority of the lurkers hang out there.i know I'm not alone in this.. I've accepted that.. Is it really that hard to cut/paste for your loyal fans here in "General Discussion"?
    This is not a "rant"... Sounds like one I suppose..

Comment

• Just read the front page, is two clicks harder than making a post? The board starts a thread when the blog is posted......
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I just set the home page in my favorites then I get to see all that, the forum
        is just one click away.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          Just read the front page, is two clicks harder than making a post? The board starts a thread when the blog is posted......
          Not my point at all.. Most of the stuff is drag related, not what I'm interested in.. Some days it is nothing but drag racing or drag cars.. I do check it out.. Just not that often.. I'm not dogging drag races or drag cars at all.. By the same token, just 2 clicks to copy/paste onto here ...

Comment

• Hey, I ran into this problem before!

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
            All set to install the engine tomorrow.

Ran into a hiccup earlier today when I broke the oil dipstick tube, and it could of been a BIG hold up as installing the tube with the engine in the car is difficult because the master cylinder is in the way. Fortunately I was able to get the bottom piece out and weld it back together.

Oh no.

A small dab of black RTV and this thing is as good as new.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• So nice to see this project PROGRESSING!!
              I hear SOOOO many people bitch that you can't have fun on a reasonable budget and Buford proves them wrong!
              I always thought your cam was too big for the iron head compression, it must sing pretty good now with 10:1! Is it going OK on pump gas?
              It is looking pretty good too! I can't believe what a difference the header filler panel makes!
              Can't wait for what you think with the gear!
              The next issue will be this thing will WANT to turn some RPM! Good heads, open exhaust, big cam.... You're gonna need a rev limiter for sure! Otherwise its going to feel so good you won't want to pull out and you'll accidentally blow the rods out the block!

Good job Brian!! Oh....can you give just a little more teaser of where the 083 heads might end up.....?

Comment

• Anything new on Buford? I know you've been on the road almost nonstop!!
                You NEED a garage/shop so you can work on these projects during your "off season"!

Comment

• Hey Andy, sorry for missing this. I am still digging out of Sept. Car is running awesome, took it to cruise night tonight. Hope to hit strip a week from Sunday for new numbers with the Trick Flow heads.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• I've kept up on Buford, but haven't been around enough to comment on the thread. Bought a house (my own garage to wrench in!) in June, brother's wedding. etc.

Anyways, was awesome to see you take the auto cross with it a while back, and it sounds great! I'm really starting to think of doing some suspension work to my Caprice this winter/spring. Keep up the great work and the great website!

Comment

• Snuck to the drag strip today. First time with new heads. 60' times are still horrendous for obvious reason (tires, suspension setup for corner turning etc) BUT....went 14.17/98 ---- VERY close. The 2.08 best 60' time is an indicator of how gently this thing leaves, even with the front bar unhooked.

Must find radials/et streets before the strip closes at the end of the month!

Comment

• Good times, Brian!!! Need some slicks/skinnys for it
                        Local person
                        sigpic

Comment

• What's the deal with the white stuff in the FB post?
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Speedy dry from when the water pump leaked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                              Snuck to the drag strip today. First time with new heads. 60' times are still horrendous for obvious reason (tires, suspension setup for corner turning etc) BUT....went 14.17/98 ---- VERY close. The 2.08 best 60' time is an indicator of how gently this thing leaves, even with the front bar unhooked.

Must find radials/et streets before the strip closes at the end of the month!
                              NICE Glad to see that you got it out there!!! I bet it feels pretty friggin strong! It seems every mag story is covering 1000rwhp cars...its easy to get jaded and forget just how good a 14/high 13 second car feels on the street!!

I am still a little curious about your MPH...wouldn't that indicate around 325 flywheel hp? What gives? I thought with the good heads, decent compression and fairly large cam it would be over 350-375? Is there more work to be done to dial in this combo? Better tires will trim the ET, but the MPH should remain the same or be slightly lower, right?
                              Last edited by andy30thz; October 22, 2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Did you even get to drive this thing this year?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X