No announcement yet.

Buford T Justice -- the full tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two buddys that stuck decent breathing top ends on stock bottom ends.... Things were fine for a while, but it pulled soooo good on the top end they forgot the limitations and over rev'd them... Its because of those guys that I ALWAYS spend the money for good rod bolts and have the rods resized when I'm in the bottom end....even if its a mild cheap street build.

With the heads and cam on Buford...it would be awful tempting to keep bumping the rev limiter up until WHOOPS!!

Comment

• Maybe a BangShift team should take Buford to LS fest and do the engine swap challenge. Livestream the whole thing.

Comment

• I was wondering what happened to it. I think Brian should pick names out of a hat and give Brutus to that member.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Brian just needs to move to a milder climate where he can drive and wrench on his stuff in the "off season"

I hope after hanging with soooooo much serious hardware....he doesn't lose sight of how cool a budget built car like his is!
          As dumb as it sounds...it seems like the more time and money we spend on our hot rods, the less we drive them! Thats not ALWAYS the case, but I see it a lot and am guilty of it myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
            ..it seems like the more time and money we spend on our hot rods, the less we drive them!
            That's why I'm not overly keen on having an excellent paint job and if one aspect of the car is making it less of a joy to drive, I change it for the better. My problem is too many cars to choose from!

Bruab hasn't been on the forum since August 22, so first step would be seeing the captive audience he has to make use of =/
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

That's why I'm not overly keen on having an excellent paint job and if one aspect of the car is making it less of a joy to drive, I change it for the better. My problem is too many cars to choose from!

Bruab hasn't been on the forum since August 22, so first step would be seeing the captive audience he has to make use of =/
              having login problems? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

had to.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• D'oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

having login problems? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

had to.

Sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Hey....I AM THE WORST PERSON EVER. LOL. I am honestly sorry I have fallen off the posting wagon here. I need to manage my time better. I have to thank Scott, Randal, Andy, and the other guys who have been kicking my ass to update you guys!

The good news is that have an update to write and I have been driving the car a lot this summer.

The bad news is that the update is going to be a completely uncontroversial EFI update that has performed as (maybe better) than advertised on top of a short block that is showing its age.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• (Even on Facebook, never heard if Brutus's brake situation was rectified)
                      Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 29, 2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Buford's brakes are bad ass. The wrecker's brakes are horrendous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          Hey....I AM THE WORST PERSON EVER. LOL. I am honestly sorry I have fallen off the posting wagon here. I need to manage my time better. I have to thank Scott, Randal, Andy, and the other guys who have been kicking my ass to update you guys!

The good news is that have an update to write and I have been driving the car a lot this summer.

The bad news is that the update is going to be a completely uncontroversial EFI update that has performed as (maybe better) than advertised on top of a short block that is showing its age.

Now where's the fun in something that works right out of the box? That is completely against BangShift tradition!
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Very cool!! And I totally get it, you're on the road a TON!! Honestly, I'd be pissed at you if the time you were home....was spent on a forum instead of your family!
                            Thanks for the update! I'm sure we'll hear a more when the racing season slows up a bit!

I love this project! And it has inspired me to look for budget style builds in future.....

Chad has some great projects too!! But his are BIG projects!!! I like the drive/build/drive concept....I know I'd be way overwhelmed if I took on the projects he's got!

Comment

• Whatever.....you're dead to us now....just come back into our lives thinking you can smooth everything over with a EFI writeup....PFFFT....nice try....you'll need to do better....
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Joe, if burnouts are included can we at least be civil with one another?

Comment

Working...
                                X