1000 hp Shelby Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 hp Shelby Mustang

Hp war's continue. Sorry if it is repost.

when I hit the Mega Millions on tuesday...I will be placing my order. googly-moogly...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

i heard about this back at the beginning of january, but was sworn to secrecy. it's suppose to be bad ass.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

When 650 just won't do. I seem to recall that Hennessy has tuned Ford GT's and had Viper's at the 1000 HP level with some sort of warranty, but not perhaps the same numbers. I wonder how many Super Snakes they've sold?
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Well Bill, now you have to make 2,000HP to be anybody now
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

wow.

boosted and ford is awesome even simple..they really take it to a super car.

aluminum crank must have a very light rotating assembly.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I think I would rather buy a shelby gt500 spend 30k on go fast parts and still have $100k left and 1000hp.
              Just me or is the price on this re-donculus? like said above the new gt500 puts out 650hp, I think one could get to 1000hp a lot cheaper.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                When 650 just won't do. I seem to recall that Hennessy has tuned Ford GT's and had Viper's at the 1000 HP level with some sort of warranty, but not perhaps the same numbers. I wonder how many Super Snakes they've sold?
                I would bet that because of the Super Snake price there are far more GT500's cloned into Sankes than there are real Super Snakes out there.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
                  I think I would rather buy a shelby gt500 spend 30k on go fast parts and still have $100k left and 1000hp.
                  Just me or is the price on this re-donculus? like said above the new gt500 puts out 650hp, I think one could get to 1000hp a lot cheaper.

this would be the car that sells more than an old hemi in years to come.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Fake

oh the Ford faithful wish for something this cool, but alas, but a fast ford exists only in vaporware and photoshop

Yesterday we showed you the first picture of the new Shelby 1000, the most powerful factory-built Shelby Mustang ever. That picture was real. But thanks to a quick look at some of the pixels by the plucky photo buffs at USA Today, we've learned that other images released by the well-known Las Vegas customizing company…
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 28, 2012, 08:08 AM.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
                      there is also suspension work, with settings that you have to know and can't buy elsewhere. but more than anything, people will pay for the exclusivness of it. what's the saying..... more money than brains. having said that, if i had lots and lots of silly money, i would buy one.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

You could make the same arguement with just about anything. Like Cobra said, in some circumstances - you're paying for a name and exclusivity.

Look at the price of a 60's shelby compared to a similarly equipped 60's mustang.

Some collectors believe that price difference will exist 40 years from now on the new ones, so they buy them. Shelby has helped create some great machines, but his company is in business to make money.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          Fake

oh the Ford faithful wish for something this cool, but alas, but a fast ford exists only in vaporware and photoshop

http://jalopnik.com/5897048/the-shel...hotos-are-fake
                          Yeah, they are the first ones ever to fake a wheelie photo...HR did it way abck when and got a shit ton of flack...pulling wheels on street tires...again...same argument as before...I aint buying it

Comment

Fake

what is this? the fast and the furious?
                            formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                            http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Fake

Yes, that particular photo is fake but the car isn't. Whether it's worth the money is a question for prospective buyers. At that price I'd buy a Ford GT. Where are those winning lottery tickets when I need them.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X