good job going bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good job going bye bye

Well last year i moved back to missouri from oklahoma to work for a company i had before. we after a year back my job is going bye bye. we have enough work for the rest of this year due to budget cuts to the military, who is our customer our business has been great this year because they are trying to spend it while they have it but we have beeen told that next year there will be almost no business. but on the bright side my boss asked me if i wanted to go to welding school to help me out. so starting in august i am going to become a certified welder. my wife and i have decided that when i get layed off we are gonna go back to oklahoma and me run my shop again. it is way less money but atleast i wont get layed off again

I would think you could pull some good dough working in the oil fields if you get that welding cert. That's what I would be looking to do if looking for work.
    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
      I would think you could pull some good dough working in the oil fields if you get that welding cert. That's what I would be looking to do if looking for work.
      -dulcich
      North Dakota is ***ING COLD. Learn underwater and move to the coast.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

yea i already have been told if i get my own welding truck i can contract with a oil company my friends weld for

Comment

I figure there would be plenty of oil field welding jobs in Oklahoma.

Comment

There are a lot of oilfield welding jobs apparently. After the first of the year aim gonna look

Comment

That would seem like one hell of a fun job; lots of hard work, but satisfying.
              -dulcich

Comment

my neck of the woods I seriously think there are more welding trucks on my morning commute than any other vehicle
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

You can also follow the crews that do these over land pipe lines not only for oil, but for natural gas, etc. These guys make $110.00-150.00 an hour with per diem, etc. and they all drive new rigs. Have a friend of mine who runs Union heavy eq., etc. on these lines and he has told me those are the guys who make the big bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    my neck of the woods I seriously think there are more welding trucks on my morning commute than any other vehicle
                    It's about a 50/50 mix for my mornings

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                      -dulcich
                      Come to PA Lots of gas pipe line by me that needs welding. They're laying that stuff down all over the place. A friend of mine who owns a local restaurant, has his son going to a local welding school. A local company told him to see them when he got out he could get a job with them starting at $40/hr. Or you could get a job on the rigs here. They pay a $2/hr premium when it gets below 32*F, all the TX guys go because it's too cold for them. Even guys with CDL A license have it made. Each well need like 3 million gallons of water, do the math on how many tanker loads of water that is! Hell, even the truck shops are having a field day.
                      Last edited by Huskinhano; March 31, 2012, 04:05 PM.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                      X