Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Wrong

That I like this?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

it is beautiful.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Even I think you are a sick man Joe.

some emblems have been gold plated.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Okay, let's discuss this. Roomy, stylish, unique. I think it is pretty darn cool, and it could be extraordinarily awesome if done right. I'm interested in what some of the naysayers might find objectionable about this machine.
        -dulcich

Comment

It's red, you can't miss.

And Keb Mo did a song named, "Am I Wrong." One of my favorite songs ever.

But what's with the ...well ....wandering trim on the side of the roof. And....what IS that?

EDIT: I totally missed the suicide rear doors. That's something different for sure.
          Last edited by pdub; March 27, 2012, 02:07 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

But what's with the ...well ....wandering trim on the side of the roof. And....what IS that?

It's a Landau bar. The car probably had a vinyl top.

I think get rid of the mags, lower it and bolt on some Tru Spoke wheels.
            Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

First thing I'd do is put some serious weight at the very back of that football-field-length trunk, and see if it would do a wheel stand, if it'll crank.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I am digging the slots, and I like the lines of this more than the 2 door cars...It reminds me of the Hot Wheels Red line Thunderbird.

Build that 429, paint would stay the same color, nice plush interior, keep the RWL and slots, shave the door handles and the landau bar...it would be a cool driver IMO...

Lenghthen the front door, and fill in the back door to make it a 2 door...

My mind is swirling with possibilities...

and if you really look, there are some Cougar styling cues..the quarters, rear roof line, the front portion of the fenders....

Why...I am just not sure...something about the lines of the car really draw me to it...
                Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 27, 2012, 02:19 PM.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I think a painted 66 Fury with slots and RWL tires would look bitchin, especially with a 383/440/452 stuffed in it.. perhaps with some Stage V Hemi heads on the RB block.

Comment

ha, I am not shopping...was jsut browsing during my lunch hour...

I may just hang onto the fury, my daughter is taking autobody and fabrication next year...if she sticks with it I will give it to her to do what she wants with it.

Comment

keep the slots,,make it into a 2door...put a mountain motor in it.... call it the thunderchicken...

Comment

I think it's cool! I really like the front end, but I'm not sure why.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

My fundamental belief that all t-birds post 1957 should have Titanic adjacent parking prevents me from truly liking this. That being said, I hate it wayyyyyy less than most other t-birds or the era.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was told "if you cant say something Nice, then STFU! " So Ill say nuthin.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              those were top of the line

Comment

Working...
                              X