Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Thieves & Vandals...<rant>

<rant>

I went into work today (the junkyard) & it was business as usual...so I thought. I had to go to the store & get some stuff for the yard. I get out to my Jeep & found out someone dumped oil, brake fluid, or whatever all over the hood & fenders!!! I took it to the car wash immediately & after 20 minutes of scrubbing I got all of the oil off. It doesn't look like it damaged the paint, but it pissed me off BAD!!!

After that I went to the store, got the stuff we needed, got back, pulled into my parking spot, looked up on our phone pole (for some reason) & saw this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0474.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	878498

Someone bent 2 of our security cameras down!!!!!!!!!
    I scanned through the DVR & found some douchebag messing with our cameras at 10:20 Sunday night.
    He stood on the roof of one of our cars with a long pole with a hook & bent the channel 1 & 2 cameras down!!!
    We got a decent shot of him but not good enough for the Sheriff to look at.
    During that time 2 of my bosses tires got slashed on his F-150. It cost him $110 even with a road hazard warranty.

People that do shit like this need to die... I'm sorry (not really) but actions like this are completely unacceptable!
    I hate thieves & vandals, there's no place for them in society, not even in jail...

</rant>

that rightly sucks.... sorry man.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Have any irate customers last week?
      Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Originally posted by 428FE View Post
        Have any irate customers last week?
        That's a daily occurrence. Most of the people who show up are pissed off.
        Their car is broken, & they usually don't have the money to fix it.
        Tampering with the cameras & vandalizing boss' truck & my Jeep is going to far.
        And no one knows it's my Jeep, that's the part I can't figure out...

Comment

I'm always nice to the guys at the salvage yard. I don't want to get tossed out. It is pretty darn low to mess with another persons property like that though. Don't blame you for being upset.
          Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

wow lucky the brake fluid did not damage the paint. when ever i acidently only get a drop on the fender the paint is gone with in seconds lol
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

We've had a rash of weekend wirecutters on tractor trailers, trailers, straight trucks - happening for 3-4 months now - not much is guaranteed to move on Mondays.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                wow lucky the brake fluid did not damage the paint. when ever i acidently only get a drop on the fender the paint is gone with in seconds lol
                I don't know what it was, could've been brake fluid, oil, couldn't tell ya. Lucky for me it was very windy today & the fluid got covered by all the dust blowing around. The dust soaked the fluid up thankfully.

Comment

Yep... hate that.

Subhumans. Just because they aren't happy with their own situation, they feel the need to mess with other people's stuff.

Comment

It's like property rape - it's horrible. I've had stuff stolen out of vehicles on two different occasions, makes you want to kill somebody.

They were smart enough to know the cameras were there, and move the ones that would record what they planned to do - which means they are smart enough to be dangerous and probably get away with allot more.

I would surely give what ever evidence you have to the authorities, it can't hurt.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                      <rant>

I went into work today (the junkyard) & it was business as usual...so I thought. I had to go to the store & get some stuff for the yard. I get out to my Jeep & found out someone dumped oil, brake fluid, or whatever all over the hood & fenders!!! I took it to the car wash immediately & after 20 minutes of scrubbing I got all of the oil off. It doesn't look like it damaged the paint, but it pissed me off BAD!!!

After that I went to the store, got the stuff we needed, got back, pulled into my parking spot, looked up on our phone pole (for some reason) & saw this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10062[/ATTACH]

Someone bent 2 of our security cameras down!!!!!!!!!
                      I scanned through the DVR & found some douchebag messing with our cameras at 10:20 Sunday night.
                      He stood on the roof of one of our cars with a long pole with a hook & bent the channel 1 & 2 cameras down!!!
                      We got a decent shot of him but not good enough for the Sheriff to look at.
                      During that time 2 of my bosses tires got slashed on his F-150. It cost him $110 even with a road hazard warranty.

People that do shit like this need to die... I'm sorry (not really) but actions like this are completely unacceptable!
                      I hate thieves & vandals, there's no place for them in society, not even in jail...

</rant>
                      Most likely a disgruntled former employee. Knew where the cameras were and where they pointed.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The last place we lived I had to park on the street. 2 or 3 times a year my car got egged bad enough to damage the paint. I'm actually glad I never caught them so my poor wife wouldn't have to bail me out of jail.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

We deal with this alot in the "yard of treasures". But we decided to get smarter than the thieves. We delibrately didn't fix the 2 outside cameras after getting bashed by thieves. So we went out and picked up trail cameras that hunters use to watch the amount of activity on their favorite hunting spot. We placed them in certain areas with the most theft, hidden where nobody could see them. The best part is they are motion activated. WALLA!.....less than 48 hours later we nailed 4 guys stealing heads and intakes for scrap! We had perfect pictures for the police, and the a-holes were caught with the goods at the salvage yard. Cameras paid for themselves within the first 48 hours. We now have 10 more of them.
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17
                          "Stay thirsty my friends"
                          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Don't those trail camera "flash" when they take a motion-activated picture? I've thought of those, but figured the flash would just alert the thieves to grab the camera as well.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Park a travel trailer out in the lot with a few timers in it to turn the lights and TV on and off...park a car next to it wonce in a while.
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              X