No announcement yet.

Favorite Sammich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About every 4-6 weeks, I crave a Sourdough Jack, or a Hooters Buffalo Chicken sammi, hot. Braums has a good chicken fried steak sandwich.

I would have died of starvation years ago without American cheese and wheat bread. Slice o cheese, piece o bread, 3 seconds and done. Monica shakes her head at me - I thought everyone did this! Sometimes I get fancy and toast the bread. Sometimes she feels sorry for me and makes me a grilled cheese. Weekend mornings she will bring me deli ham, turkey, bacon, cheddar style BLT. ooooh... come on Saturday! My cholestorol is understandably bad.

Fried baloney sammich. The joint next door to work had a bacon, egg, and cheese on wheat that was good hangover food.

You guys are killing me. Thanks F*ers. lol.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Number one favorite is a Big Dave from Damon's in Augusta. It comes on a whole loaf of fresh, homemade Italian bread and is made with ham, salami, genoa, bacon, American cheese, provolone and whatever veggies you want. Then they toast it in the pizza oven. It is spectacular. It's $14, but worth it. Also, it puts you in a horrible food coma.

Next best thing going (around here) is a steak and cheese sandwich from Angelo's in Bangor. The owner uses ground loin tail, an awesome roll and melts the cheese right in. Comes with fries and a Coke for only $6.95, too! And they're good fries--McCain snowflake. Covered with potato starch so they stay crispy.

Comment

Zona's down in the points .... 5 Points that is. Best soulfood in Denver. They have a sammich called the "Whistler"..... Deep fried pig ear w/spicy mustard, tabasco, onions and swiss on toasted and buttered "Texas" toast. For 5 bucks you get a side of black eyed peas and a coke. Mmmm ..... Mmmm .... Mmmm good!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

When I was a kid balogna on white bread with butter and smashed potato chips was one of my favorites.

Sometimes when its late and I need a snack I will make a peanut butter and banana sammich, grilled up like a grilled cheese...melted pb is a gift from the gods.

pretty ecletic tastes here....no shortage of unique sammiches for sure. Deaf Bobs veggie sammy with bacon sounds freaking amazing.

Friday is gonna be my diet cheat day, gonna go to Daglios here in tucson, they have the best cheese steak I have found outside of Philly....real chopped steak with cheeze wiz and grilled onions over a fresh baked roll...can"t wait.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            The joint next door to work had a bacon, egg, and cheese on wheat that was good hangover food.
            You guys are killing me. Thanks F*ers. lol.
            Oh Hangover cure food!
            This was my MO (back in the day)
            Huge round of Gatorade and 3 Excedrin before going to bed. In the morning~ A breakfast burrito with tons of hot sauce and a large diet coke on ice!
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
              Martin's potato bread, Mayo, Lebanon Sweet Balogna...perfect.
              You had me at Potato Bread...

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              If you don't believe a hot dog is a sandwich you are an asshole and a communist.
              Easily the funniest thing I've heard all week...
              Time Wasters...
              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                If you don't believe a hot dog is a sandwich you are an asshole and a communist.
                Out here, it is not a sammich...its a meal...this is a "Sonoran hot Dog" and it is the most amazing concotion ever devised by human hands....Bacon wrapped hot dog, fresh baked roll, pinto beans, grilled onions, mayo, queso fresca, green chili sauce, tomatos and mustard...the are a staple of any Tucsonans diet...

Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 29, 2012, 07:32 AM.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

and just for fun...here is the Primani Brothers sammy I mentioned earlier...another gift from the gods...

Sweet and sour slaw, fresh cut fries, tomatos and local baked italian bread with damn near any meat you want...

Comment

I am glad to b eating a good chunk of chicken reading this.

I'll have to try the steak and cheese at angelos soon.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

a shrimp po-boy from Steamboat Bills in Lake Charles will make you want to move there just for that. USA Today did a Top 10 Resturants along major interstates, they were ranked #6 if I remember correctly
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Oh, and I love me a Blackened Blue Cheese burger with spinach leaves (rather than lettuce).

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                          a shrimp po-boy from Steamboat Bills in Lake Charles will make you want to move there just for that. USA Today did a Top 10 Resturants along major interstates, they were ranked #6 if I remember correctly
                          Next time you go to Lake Charles Go over to Lenards at the end of Legion, Just drive strait into the driveway it's at the end of the street.

Everybody who has never been gets the shrimp basket,about 12 shrimp,but those in the know (you now) get a Shrimp Po Boy and save the other half for later! That is one big PoBoy! Legion is on the east side of the lake.

Bills is good for whatever they call that bucket they drop on the table,and the mudbugs are good too.
                          Last edited by Cyclone03; March 29, 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Pb&j is a favorite, with Peter Pan peanut butter and strawberry preserves on white or Kings Hawaiian bread. Then an old favorite, leftover meat loaf sliced and quick fried with a slice of longhorn cheddar.

Comment

Mudbugs - sounds tasty -

What the heck are they ?
                              Last edited by 70chevyC-10; March 30, 2012, 05:10 AM.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

at the car show "pistons & paint" in denton texas.theres a vendor that makes an italian sandwich thats really good..i have 1 when they open in the morning,then 1 for lunch and 1 in the afternoon for a snack..

Comment

Working...
                                X