• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    Mudbugs - sounds tasty -

What the heck are they ?
    Crawfish Phil.

Last edited by BluLightning; March 30, 2012, 06:52 AM.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well, I was fed PBJ w/ bananas and BLT's while growing up - can't complain.

For burgers... hard to beat the Pepperjack BBQ at Logan's Roadhouse (with the sweet potato fries).

Fave sandwich - the "Cranky Turkey" from Cinnamon's Deli - smoked turkey breast w/ cranberry sauce and a slice of Philly Cream Cheese on toasted white bread.

Next fave - the "New York Chicken Salad" at the Old Mill Tasty Shop - chunky chicken salad w/ lots of mustard and cashews on yellow egg bread.

And to piss you all off - ketchup/catsup IS NOT FOR SANDWICHES. Fries only.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
        And to piss you all off - ketchup/catsup IS NOT FOR SANDWICHES. Fries only.
        I would have to agree to a point...I like it on my burgers...otherwise, its reserved for fries...and I generally dont use it on fries either..

After thought...It is a must on a meatloaf sammy...
        Last edited by JOES66FURY; March 30, 2012, 09:40 AM.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          I would have to agree to a point...I like it on my burgers...otherwise, its reserved for fries...and I generally dont use it on fries either..

I remember my dad eating fried egg sammich with bologna and ketchup, turned my stomach.
          Last edited by sedandelivery55; March 31, 2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

IMHO, ketchup on red meat of any kind is sacrilege. I think drowns out the taste of the meat. To each their own.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I love a good sandwich and I'm having a hard time picking a favorite. But the Sonora dog and the Primani Brothers sandwich that Joe posted are definitely on my to do list, even if I have to build them myself. They look great.

Comment

Originally posted by R442 View Post
                I love a good sandwich and I'm having a hard time picking a favorite. But the Sonora dog and the Primani Brothers sandwich that Joe posted are definitely on my to do list, even if I have to build them myself. They look great.
                I make them at home all the time. both are cake to make. I cant get the Primanis out here so I have to and I make the dogs myself becasue they are expensive at the food trucks when the whole family wants them...
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

this thread...

I finally stopped at a pizza place at the end of my road...like half a mile away.

hot pastrami, toasted, swiss..and..well it is skimpy.

if I was the cook, I'd be making less money than the french trying to be italian pizza joints...no doubt.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                    this thread...

I finally stopped at a pizza place at the end of my road...like half a mile away.

hot pastrami, toasted, swiss..and..well it is skimpy.

if I was the cook, I'd be making less money than the french trying to be italian pizza joints...no doubt.
                    A secret dream of mine is to own a dinner. Sammiches, home cooking chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings, pulled pork, meatloaf...If I could build it right outside the gate here at the base I would make a killing.

Comment

A secret dream of mine is to own a dinner. Sammiches, home cooking chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings, pulled pork, meatloaf...If I could build it right outside the gate here at the base I would make a killing.
                      Good eatings is slim on base? The BX food court ain't cutting it?

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

a surprise would be nothing like that there already.

I cook about 30 pounds a month.
                        A meat eater, get it from a meat market.
                        I avoid sandwiches for the most part..the scale of what is considered a sandwich is ridiculous... I find myself always thinking I should have made three of them just for me.

I found maple syrup in pork burger is the overpriced breakfast...

learn alot of stuff sticking with the cooking on your own.
                        crushed cornflakes in the bread crumbs to go on the chicken...

frozen veggies with all the mixed peppers is every fancy sandwich topping..
                        not many can brag of a good sandwich..
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Good eatings is slim on base? The BX food court ain't cutting it?
                          Good food is limited right around the base. and a good down home type dinner is pretty rare in this area. the only quick ptions are the BX food court, the comissary (sammys made to order) or McDonalds...everything else is a bit of a drive...plus that area outside the gate is a very high traffic area...I could make a freaking killing with a good dinner in the area...

Comment

That would be cool unless Davis keeps ending up on possible base closure lists. Obama is on the march of reducing the size of military just like Clinton.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              Crawfish Phil.

I know it ain't a sandwich, but damn...
                              "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I love making up all kinds of sandwiches. Basically, just stick your head in our fridge and use whatever fits between two pieces or bread, on a bagel, or in a tortilla. We love to cook, so there's always something grilled, roasted, or smoked as leftovers. 5 kinds of mustard, three or four kinds of cheese, home grown spinach, basil and other green crap, and I can make 8 or 10 different meals on any given day.

For shops, we're blessed to have a great local shop that's up to 216 different sandwiches and rising. If you can't find something you like here, you're not trying hard enough: http://www.roysplacerestaurant.net/r...sandwiches.php
                                "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Working...
                                X