No announcement yet.

Favorite Sammich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine changes from day to day, month to month. Lately I have been enjoying either rye bread or sour dough, toasted lightly on the griddle, with roast beef and turkey recooked alongside it, then slathered in pepper jack cheese. Spread some spicy mustard, horseradish, and a light bit of miracle whip on it, with a pickle on the side, then wash it down with a Boston Lager.

In the mornings I like to take a couple strips of bacon, dice them up into half inch long sections, grill them up nice, then crack a couple eggs over it and scramble it all together. Throw some cheese on top, shredded or slices of pepperjack, sharp cheddar, or swiss, toast a french toast bagel on the gridle, and make it a sandwich with the egg/bacon/cheese.

Dont go crazy with butter or mayo and drain the grease off after cooking the meat and it isnt too bad on calories.

Other days its just PB&J with Keewanaw jams and a Mt Dew.

Comment

Black Forest ham and Mayo sprinkled with crunched up Dorito chips.

Comment

Hmmm... I like all sort of sammiches, don't know if I could pick just one.
        Cuban sammich, from a cuban restaurant with the good cuban bread.
        Blackened Grouper or Mahi
        Patty melt
        Buffalo chicken sammich with blue cheese

...and I almost hate to add these to the list, but the Steak, egg and cheese bagel from McDonald's is really good, as is the good ol' Egg McMuffin... and the bacon egg and cheese biscuit... I love breakfast sammiches.

Comment

Cheese Steak at "Youz' Guyz" in Universal City Tx.
          Pastrami on Rie at "The Hat" in Simi Valley Ca. (may be a chain)
          French Dip at Philipes in LA
          and if Burgers are Sammich;s too....
          Hickery Burger at "The Apple Pan" LA Ca.
          #1 at Tommy's, Several SoCa. locations but the one on Roscoe in the Valley is the best
          When I "visit" home I hit each of the last four,at home #1 once a month.

Comment

Roast Beef and Swiss with a mild horseradish sauce.
            Philly Cheese Steak. onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, provolone.
            Classic Italian sub.
            Grilled Cheese.
            Grilled ham and cheese. (I made this last night with tomato soup.)
            Pulled BBQ pork.

Great. Now I'm hungry again.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Rare roast beef with oil, pickles, and provolone cheese is good
              Standard Italian loaded up with hots is good
              Beef on Weck in Buffalo, NY is good
              Italian beef sandwiches in Chicago rule pretty hard

If you don't believe a hot dog is a sandwich you are an asshole and a communist.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

"If you don't believe a hot dog is a sandwich you are an asshole and a communist. "

Best laugh I had all day LOLOLOL
                Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Valiant View Post
                  Black Forest ham and Mayo sprinkled with crunched up Dorito chips.
                  Chips! My favorite is bologna on sourdough with mustard and Fritos.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I could eat hot dogs, grilled cheese and PB&J every day. Metro aairport has a PB&J shop. Straberry jelly, crunchy PB, bananas on as many grain bread as I can get....mmmmm
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

We say" Sangweeich" anyhow mine is fresh mozzarella and prosciutto on the best bread this side of the Atlantic-Terranova bakery in The Bronx need some black pepper on there too. my other favorite is the best Chicken parm anywhere=my moms on that same bread.

Comment

Cheese Steak from Amato's in San Jose - they have their own recipe for bread baked fresh every day...or their chicken version with onions & mushrooms..
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Its hard to top Scott's grilled ham n' cheese with tomato soup, but when I'm in NOLA its a fried oyster po-boy.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Fresh picked RED tomatoes, sliced cukes, onions, red/green peppers, cracked black pepper slathered with mayooooo,
                            Slices of bacon for variety...
                            Just ate, now I'm hungry again...

Comment

From the asshole and communist...

First, thanks to all you bastards for making me hungry at 10:20 at night.

Good French bread, preferably with a bit of a sharp cheese baked into it. Turkey, cooked thick-cut bacon, pepperoni. Mozzarella cheese, melted. Baby spinach, bell peppers, cucumber, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil.
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
                                I like a good pastrami on rye. PB and J are good, but you can't beat a pork BBQ sammich

Besides family, that's the one thing I miss most living in WI. The closest thing I have to what you can do is Famoue Daves. Jim, can you airmail me 20 lbs of your pulled pork?
                                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X