Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit the Junkyard today...found some awesome stuff. -- Randal and CTX -- BUICKS HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the Junkyard today...found some awesome stuff. -- Randal and CTX -- BUICKS HELP!

Check out these photos and share the link if you want to see any of this cool stuff saved.

RANDAL AND CTX - PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK WITH THE BUICK GUYS. THERE IS A 1964/65 LeSabre coupe complete with a 401 and minimal rust that is going to be killed shortly. Some Buick guy could save it!

That which you manifest is before you.

On it.

I never cared much for Dodge Trucks.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Did the Cad have a 472? There's your big block, in light weight form.

There's a 69 Riviera for sale down here for 3500 with a 430, the guy called it a nailhead. I thought the 425 was the big nailhead? Anyway, had a neighbor at my last warehouse with a 401 in a 65 Riv, he was bitching about not being able to get parts... but it sure looked cool.

I hate the thought of that stuff getting flattened. What I hate worse? Coming back from Houston last weekend, I see trucks with 15,000 pound probably 24" steel billets "MADE IN CHINA" from our used cars.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That country squire is pure sweetness, Rhonda would kill me.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There was a 472/500 on the ground that had been hit with an excavator bucket. One of the heads was broken in half. This yard is a total mess and appears to have been organized by a nuclear bomb.

Comment

I used to see a lot of yards here that way, then civilization snuck up and ate the whole yard.

The Buick in the MC is something I used to see a lot of here, except it was Chevy trucks the old guys were putting them in. That and 350 Olds were really popular for some reason. I know the 350 Olds seemed to run for every, was pretty torquey, and baby butt smooth... so I get that I guess.

Why is it the yards still think BBC anything is pure gold? I found one local needing a rebuild for 300.00, a complete runner for 900.00, another long block with tins and flexplate for 300, a couple of blocks for 150-200. Keep looking?
            Last edited by Beagle; March 28, 2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I'd pay 300 for a long block all day long.

Comment

I hope someone goes for the buick.

I like what the radiator did.
                green up front is clean everywhere else.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  I'd pay 300 for a long block all day long.
                  the bitch kitty is getting it up there. The last time we looked for 427 stuff it was about the same. LSx is making all the big stuff cheap. Yay LSx... but.. praise BeeCam!

Oklahoma is probably full of long blocks from oilfield trucks too - maybe LKQ would be a place to check? They'll move them from site to site. I'm pretty sure they have something up there.

Comment

I can't believe that La Sabre is in there !

Comment

425 nailhead, 430 same family as 455

shame, but can't save them all.... although Patrick is probably having a coronary right now about that black one.... why not the motor from that black Buick? it's a 70 - which the "low hp" version came in at 400 hp, 500 lb torque. Swap to Stage 1 heads, and have 500 hp, 600 lb torque.... just sayin.... lemons meet lemonade
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Can they sell the entire car with title in Mass? I know we can't once the vehicle is on "the other side of the fence". Im interested in the Country Squire.......
                        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                        DW- 12,16,17
                        "Stay thirsty my friends"
                        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Someone needs to own that wagon for sure!!!

Comment

that wagon needs a quick wash with CLR and a scotch bright pad. Its amazing how it takes off most of that surface rust.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Wagon is GONE! -- Went over with the boys to shoot more photos and is has been sold I guess because the spot it was in is now empty.

Comment

Working...
                              X