Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit the Junkyard today...found some awesome stuff. -- Randal and CTX -- BUICKS HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pixel View Post
    You may want to update the blog entry accordingly. Or they will be getting calls about it for the next decade. There are a lot of people out there not smart enough to look at the date of a blog post. I still get comments complaining about how "their gonna crush all those cars" from pics of a junkyard that closed in 2007. Or asking for the phone number of the guy who owns a Divco I shot a pic of in a field also in 2007.
    Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    Due to the general attitude of the guys and how I was treated when there, I hope their phone melts off the wall.

Went to another 'yard today. Not much "save this stuff!" stuff but I nabbed some cool photos for tomorrow. I also got a 4-spoke GM wheel from an S10 Blazer that I installed this afternoon.
    *snicker* x2
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      Neat semi-ending to this tale. I called the yard posing as a buyer for the Ford wagon. The guy who answered said that I was, "the 100th friggin person who called" and it sold to "some guy who saw it on the internet".

Feeling pretty good about that one.
      "Yoah tha hundrath friggin puhsun who cahlled... we sohld it to sohm guhy who sah it on tha intahnet"

NICE save Bruab.
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Brian - That LeSabre is a '63. I know 'em well. The '67 posted HAD to have a 340 - if it had a BBB it would have been a Wildcat. The Wildcat was essentially a LeSabre with an Electra drivetrain and some different trim.

Here's a bit of Buick trivia:

Do you know what the Buick Tri-Shield stands for? It's LeSabre, Invicta, Electra. The Invicta only lasted a couple of years (replaced by Wildcat) and Electra was available as an Electra model and a slightly higher upscale Electra 225 (no clue what the "225" stood for). They dropped the Electra as a distinct model (not sure of the year) as the 225 was so much more popular, but I have seen a '61 Electra that was not a 225. Electras were built on the Cadillac chassis. Also, Buick wagons (regardless of model) were NOT built by Fisher Body in this era - the kick plates said "Superior" instead of "Body by Fisher". That's Superior Coach, now best known for school buses. Wagon chassis were the Cadillac commercial chassis as used for hearses and the like.

Dan's Buick brain dump - now I'm empty.

Dan
        Dan, the 225 was for the length of the vehicle.

Braub,

Is the Buick still there? I can't swing it personally but if it's still worth sharing (sorry have been busy) I'll pass it on to the Riviera board I frequent which has a few lovers of the non-Riviera Buicks of the era.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
        X