New purchase today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New purchase today.......

Springfield Armory 1911A1 45 Cal with TRP upgrade.

Hard to find in this area.......sweet side arm.
    Attached Files
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Congrats on the new piece. What is the TRP upgrade?
    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
      Congrats on the new piece. What is the TRP upgrade?
      -dulcich
      Lots of stuff...internal and external......Novak combat night sights, beaver tail safety grip, polished
      extractor, match grade barrel, key activated safety (which I like)....and more.

Going out to range tomorrow to try it out.

You ever see one of those Judge pistols?
      Damn things are pretty mean looking.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

nice piece.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

All it needs now is a compensator and extended mag... Someday I will pick up another 1911, love those things. Need to stay out of gun shops and shows, otherwise the car budget gets real small real fast.

Let us know how well it shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            All it needs now is a compensator and extended mag... Someday I will pick up another 1911, love those things. Need to stay out of gun shops and shows, otherwise the car budget gets real small real fast.

Let us know how well it shoots.
            Know what you mean about staying out of the gun shops.......car funds get depleted quick.
            I do want one of those Judge pistols.
            Thom

Comment

Should keep the 'yotes at bay with the pea-shooter...nice purchase, Monk!

Comment

Sweet. Bring it by, I got bowling pins set up out back here.
                Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Know what you mean about staying out of the gun shops.......car funds get depleted quick.
                  I do want one of those Judge pistols.
                  ex sister in law has a 4" Judge, interesting weapon. It's a snake charmer... 410 doesn't have much distance but up close it is definitely entertaining. The .45 long colt has some "hi, how _were_ you" to it. It's not all that fast, but a 225 grain hollow point is a pretty big dissuader. I've thought about one for the property, it's in cotton mouth country.

Nice Roscoe, btw.
                  Last edited by Beagle; April 1, 2012, 07:24 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I know guys who know everything about guns,...I am not one of them. I can shoot them, clean them and appreciate a good looking
                    side arm...The 1911 is one of the prettiest ones ever made...

I want one in a bad way, I also want my old mans Nickle plated Colt .38 with a 2.5" barrel....

congrats on the purchase.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I <3 TAX REFUNDS yuk yuk
                      Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; April 2, 2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Every now and then I want a gun, but then I go and price them and suddenly I'm not as interested in having one =P
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

My cop friend in PA says for $25 and a meeting with the county sheriff I can get a permit to carry...cool heh? Right now I have the Remington T bolt .22 I bought when I was a kid from Sears.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                            My cop friend in PA says for $25 and a meeting with the county sheriff I can get a permit to carry...cool heh? Right now I have the Remington T bolt .22 I bought when I was a kid from Sears.
                            Right to carry in Missouri requires an 8 hour class........scheduled this Summer.

Wish I could just show my Naval Pistol Marksmanship Ribbon.
                            Thom

Comment

Working...
                            X