Hot Rods in Tucson....father and son outing no pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rods in Tucson....father and son outing no pics

Went to a rod show today with my son...we snuck out before anyone else woke up...it was a pre 65 show from what i can tell...noting newer seemed welcome saw a bad ass nova and a chevelle get turned away and it wasnt cuz of ack of parking..kinda bull spit if you ask me but whatever......I could not find my camera so I grabbed my wifes....went to the show and the first car saw was a beautifl turquoise and whie 59 impala...wen to snap a pic and the damn card was full > > >...so sadly I have not pics to share but man there were some bad ass cars there...the lawn chair mafia/billet was out in force too....sadly most were a bunch of douche bags...tried striking up conersation with some of them and just got dirty looks not even a grunt to acknowledg my exsitance..but the beater/rat rod owners were more than happy to talk about their cars...different strokes for different folks I guess...

Re: Hot Rods in Tucson....father and son outing no pics

Hey Joe cool that you were able to get out with your son and check some cars out. It is always a bummer when people don't want a talk about there cars or be cool to those that might admire there cars. I assume your in the Tucson area, you might want to check out funny car fever at the race track next weekend, there will be 16 to 20 alcohol funny cars and a number of nostalgia nitro funny cars there on the 10th. I would normally be there with the alcohol cars but financial restraints are keeping me in Sacramento that weekend. Go out if you get a chance all the funny car teams are super nice people with a jones for going fast. The group will be in Arizona again in October and maybe get to see you then. Would love to meet a few Junkies specially mopar junkies

Comment

Sounds like some quality time and good old-fashioned father-son bonding.

What I hate most about car shows are the people who don't seem willing to talk to you about their rides when you show interest. I just say screw it and move on to a different car. Usually if you're persistant, you find some people willing to share and worth talking to. Sounds like the beater/rat rod dudes were the only cool ones at your show. People should keep in mind there's kids out there who get influenced by this stuff, so being friendly and socialable could motivate a next-generation hot rodder.
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by cuda68-67
        Hey Joe cool that you were able to get out with your son and check some cars out. It is always a bummer when people don't want a talk about there cars or be cool to those that might admire there cars. I assume your in the Tucson area, you might want to check out funny car fever at the race track next weekend, there will be 16 to 20 alcohol funny cars and a number of nostalgia nitro funny cars there on the 10th. I would normally be there with the alcohol cars but financial restraints are keeping me in Sacramento that weekend. Go out if you get a chance all the funny car teams are super nice people with a jones for going fast. The group will be in Arizona again in October and maybe get to see you then. Would love to meet a few Junkies specially mopar junkies

I heard about it and I bet its going to be great, I went 2 years ago and it was a blast....If I dont have to work I am planing on going. Let me know if/when you roll into town again and I will be happy to meet up somewhere, grab some wing and sus or just hang out...

"What I hate most about car shows are the people who don't seem willing to talk to you about their rides when you show interest. I just say screw it and move on to a different car. Usually if you're persistant, you find some people willing to share and worth talking to. Sounds like the beater/rat rod dudes were the only cool ones at your show. People should keep in mind there's kids out there who get influenced by this stuff, so being friendly and socialable could motivate a next-generation hot rodder'.

I go to ashow in Pensylvania and everyone is cool they all are willing to talk up ther cars... out here it used to be great when I had my Stars and Hutch Torino back in the 90's everyone was cool, everyone talked...I left for 4 years and came back and the car sceen here went to hell..I blame billet and lawn chairs....The do seem a little more receptive when they know yuo have a rod of some sort but when they find out its a beater...its all over

Comment

That run is put on by Tucson Street Rod Association, they started letting in "late model" cars (49-59?) in the mid 90s because attendance was down. The Rodders Days run has been going on for about 30 years now? I went several times in the 90s, the picnic on the mountain Friday is fun. Used to be the show was at the park, it was nice to sit on the grass under the trees in the shade...oh well...now it's on 4th avenue where the hippies all hang out! very strange scene.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Lots of New Mexico and Colorado plates there today, many many cars from Phoenix..only a few local cars I recognize....

remember the CasaDe Los Ninos car shows at Reid Park...man those were great..they moved it to the Kino sports complx and that was it...it all went to hell...dont think they do it any more.....sad cuz it was for a good cause

Comment

Working...
            X