X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornados in Dallas? you okay BBR?

seriously
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I was watching when the tornado hit the Schnieder training center. Hope everyone is ok.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I was just reading about this.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Lots of damage down there. 800,000 without power...

My thoughts are with you all.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

My A/C unit is at a Dallas/Fort Worth distribution center on it's way here.......I sure hope it wasn't in one of those semi trailers that were floating in the air.....

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            My A/C unit is at a Dallas/Fort Worth distribution center on it's way here.......I sure hope it wasn't in one of those semi trailers that were floating in the air.....
            Seriously.......WTF?

Comment

Beags is in this area too, I think.

Bad deal. Hope this guys, along with their families and others are OK.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post

that would hurt.

this caught my attention to. Been there several times..
                I don't think they get hit often. it would not have become a city

they would get federal help before the single mobile home in a field.

best luck that way.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thankfully, I haven't heard of any deaths because of this storm. Tornadoes sure show the strength of mother nature at her nastiest.

That truck company's parking lot looks like a county fairground after a demolition derby. I wouldn't want to be his insurer. That's gonna suck. Something tells me that many cars and trucks will never be found. I remember a friend whose parents car was taken by a tornado. It was never found.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    Beags is in this area too, I think.

Bad deal. Hope this guys, along with their families and others are OK.
                    you may be right, I thought beags was near Houston.... but BBR IIRC just bought his house in Arlington....

Comment

all good here... BBR should have been way north and way west of the trail in Amarillo. We played "stay away from the windows" at work...

Chad's family is here, and I'm sorry guys, but I'll think of names to put with the towns it in a minute, we've got guys on here from Allen, Cibolo, Big Dad's old place would have been in the path, lots of folks. I'll wait for them to check in , and hope they are okay.

It's settled down now... heading east. Lancaster looked to have been whacked, Arlington, I haven't checked yet. They really freaked at work but I don't worry until it turns green, and I didn't see green when I was out smoking during the "ALARM!" It's gonna be an interesting season. Thank god I just drove the Ford home and didn't have to push a Buick!

Oh - was driving the diesel. Interesting to have a 3 ton vehicle downshift at about 50 and break the rear end loose. I actually enjoyed my storm ride home.
                      Last edited by Beagle; April 3, 2012, 05:58 PM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

i believe chads parents are in McKinney
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I think Chad's folks are Allen.... almost McKinney. It's a big storm line, my joint in Dennison (Oklahoma line) got very wet, my other deal in Hillsboro (Waco) probably has a very active creek right now. The last I saw it was still stretching way across the state.
                          Last edited by Beagle; April 3, 2012, 06:15 PM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            all good here... BBR should have been way north and way west of the trail in Amarillo. We played "stay away from the windows" at work...

Chad's family is here, and I'm sorry guys, but I'll think of names to put with the towns it in a minute, we've got guys on here from Allen, Cibolo, Big Dad's old place would have been in the path, lots of folks. I'll wait for them to check in , and hope they are okay.

It's settled down now... heading east. Lancaster looked to have been whacked, Arlington, I haven't checked yet. They really freaked at work but I don't worry until it turns green, and I didn't see green when I was out smoking during the "ALARM!" It's gonna be an interesting season. Thank god I just drove the Ford home and didn't have to push a Buick!

Oh - was driving the diesel. Interesting to have a 3 ton vehicle downshift at about 50 and break the rear end loose. I actually enjoyed my storm ride home.
                            going outside to smoke during a tornado alarm, then driving a Ford home. You do live on the edge, my friend.

Comment

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X