No announcement yet.

What to do in SW Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids and I spent a few hours at a go-kart track, that was the extent of my motor activitys. I did get caught up on my beer drinking though, and I did manage to collect a few gallons of crabs. I feel like I need a vacation, lol.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

We had a Condo on Estro Island, Bonita Beach is good for Conch Shell hunting in the Mud. In Bonita Beach there is the MasterBait Shop ( Its a Must have hat and TEE Shirt) Naples is Money Town
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

If you like pizza - go to Aurelio's in Naples - it's a chicago pizza place - so many snow birds from chi-town winter in naples - they opened a store there. Great stuff. Thin crust, not deep dish.

We get some every time we go back home.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I live pretty close to Chicago and we have a pizza place on every corner.
          I had a strict diet of sea food while I was there, and for some reason beer tastes better when it's hot out. I feel in love with sword fish and was eating shrimp like it was popcorn.
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

The coastal states sure have better sea food than us flatlanders can get.

I'm with you - I eat a lot of fish when I'm down there visiting my folks, scallops, mahi mahi, you name it.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Agree with Musclecar City, some very nice cars there. Always fun looking for old iron down there too. every once in a while you find a classic.

Comment

Are there other things to do in SW Florida besides sweating before getting bitten by skeeters and then eaten by gators?
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Are there other things to do in SW Florida besides sweating before getting bitten by skeeters and then eaten by gators?
                  For some reason I didn't really encounter any skeeters......I'm kinda shocked by that.
                  My in-laws have a couple of gators in the canal, they seemed harmless.....all they did was watch my every move. lol
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

Humans are not really 'Gator food. Child humans are a different story. "What's on the Children's Menu?"

GOTTA see the Garlits Museum in Ocala. Might be on your way home if you drove. You kind of HAVE to drive past it on I75. Well worth doing and sometimes Ol' Dad is there (hope he's feeling better).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                      Don't order the Tuna at the Nude Truck Stop..Just sayen'...
                      If it smells like fish don't eat it just took on a whole new meaning.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        I'll take sweating, skeeters and gators over earthquakes, your traffic, nancy pelosi etc... Gators aren't all that bad, just got to stay away from the toothy end. Good eating too!
                        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X