What to do in SW Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in SW Florida?

Hey guys...My wife and I are down here in Florida by Naples and the Grandparents suggested we go off and do something by ourselves. I just don't know what to do....Rather than just hop in the car and aimlessly hit the road I thought I ask here first while I have my morning coffee. Anyone know of any cool things I could show my wife while I'm here?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

I'm thinking about getting a 3 day fishing license a case of beer and motel room,
    Originally posted by TC

Comment

It's a bit of a drive, but I love driving down through the keys to Key West.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Ron Jons

Space Center

Lots of Dirt Races

Daytona Beach

Nothing is to far away in FLA unless its Bigs Deal up North,,,,,,, while your there if you go the Nude Truck Stop has Lunch............

On the West side is The Ford/ Edison Winter House Muesium
        Last edited by JeffMcKC; April 6, 2012, 08:43 AM.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

The beach....always my favorite place to go.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If it wern't for the kids I had her talked into one of those truck stops on I-75 by Gainesville.
            If I wasn't so over the driving thing right now I'd be in the Keys instead of on the internet, lol.
            I just emailed this place with a few questions http://www.grovecitymotel.com/ and as soon as my clothes get out of the dryer I'm
            going to go get some beer and a coupe of crab pots.
            Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              The beach....always my favorite place to go.
              I imagine any kind of water is a welcome sight where you're from! It's almost a days drive until I seen a drop.
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

Okay, it's everything I was looking for. As soon as the wife gets back from shopping I'm off!
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

And for tomorrow:

Have fun
                  www.lowlandsXtreme.com --- Facebook: lowlandsXtreme

Comment

type in ( Whatever town your in ) and day trips comes up with a lot of cool things.

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I've been in Naples lots of times on business, and never found any car stuff there, but there is still lots of fun stuff to do. If you want to stay close to Naples, you have golfing, fine dining, everglades, and the beach. So you get on Immokkalee road or vanderbuilt beach road and head west, you will run into a very nice beach area with parking. You can lay around and watch people and enjoy the sun, or you can rent a Jet ski (fun!) or go parasailing (fun!) If you want to enjoy fine dining, The Capitol Grill is awesome, so is Truluks. For everglades, you can get a ride on an airboat into the swamp and see gators and stuff. SOme are better than others, but sorry, I don't remember the names of them.
                      Have fun! Joel

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                        Ron Jons

Space Center

Lots of Dirt Races

Daytona Beach

Nothing is to far away in FLA unless its Bigs Deal up North,,,,,,, while your there if you go the Nude Truck Stop has Lunch............

On the West side is The Ford/ Edison Winter House Muesium

Don't order the Tuna at the Nude Truck Stop..Just sayen'...
                        My friend and I stopped there the same trip we DROVE the rental Mustang (see this weeks ChadMouth).
                        Believe it or not the food is (was) very good,the view aint bad either.

Comment

barrett jackson is going on in palm beach, not sure how far away you are from that
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

musclecarcity.net A car collector in Punta Gorda which is north of you has so many classic cars he bought an old Walmart building to house them in. Its open all weekend, even has a diner in it. Also Ft Meyers beach is fun for a few drinks

Comment

I concurr about Vanderbilt beach. that place is nice ! There used to be a nice bar at the Vanderbilt hotel but I dont think that is there anymore. There isnt really any car stuff there that I can remember,I think there might be a cruise night some place maybe in Bonita Springs.

Comment

Working...
                              X