Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just wouldn't look right without a W motor

Comment

A 409 would be sweet but dang hard to find now.The bad part is I had a 409 20 years ago and sold it for $250 now it seem's like I made a bad trade,but I was a dumb kid then.
      78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

You oughta get on that salvage yard-to-salvage yard radio thingy and find a good W motor........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I dont know the love for 09s the are pretty , but you can make the same or more power with a sbc, or a LS. I just pulled out a 409 complete out of a 62 thats getting something else. ( not allowed to tell ...yet) It still had 2 fours on it . Dont know if its for sale.
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Looks alot better then the one I found last weekend. Even though I did find a good engine or two to drop in it. Can't wait to see what you are gonna do.

Ryan
            Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
            www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Dang looks like some good stuff in that junk yard.Did you buy the bubble?Did the 348 come out of the same yard?
              78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Cool. Bought one from Cal Worthington in S. Cal and his dog "Spot". $600 off the lot. It was white with the 283 in it. Windows kept falling down. Never could get it fixed so wedged it closed.
                Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Well got the car cleaned out and seats removed.It has a few rust spot's in the floors but nothing bad should be able to weld patches in.Now for the worst part,I got the trunk open and the truck pan is super solid but the weather strip rail is rusty so that will be a bit of a pain to replace but gonna do it,also going to have to fix some rust on the drivers quarter.On the plus side all the glass is good,all the chrome is there,dash is nice,rockers are nice,it's pretty straight and it's all there.

Comment

Originally posted by bbo javelin View Post
                    well got the car cleaned out and seats removed.it has a few rust spot's in the floors but nothing bad should be able to weld patches in.now for the worst part,i got the trunk open and the truck pan is super solid but the weather strip rail is rusty so that will be a bit of a pain to replace but gonna do it,also going to have to fix some rust on the drivers quarter.on the plus side all the glass is good,all the chrome is there,dash is nice,rockers are nice,it's pretty straight and it's all there.
                    good for you! Way to save one!
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      I agree, I think it looks pretty good with the wheels that are on there but I'm so old school I'd have to go Super Tricks. I have a set, just nothing to put them on!
                      I LOVE THE CAR! Hey Grumpy, would you consider selling those Super Tricks?

Comment

Originally posted by ChampTrucking View Post
                        I LOVE THE CAR! Hey Grumpy, would you consider selling those Super Tricks?
                        Those americans are just some wheels I use for rollers.I bought them for $50 at a swap meet with tires and they are so ugly they are only good for rollers.Sorry if any bang shifters own a set of them and like them but dang there ugly.
                        Last edited by BBO Javelin; April 9, 2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

How are you making out with the '61? I agree with the others that it cries for a 409 mill.

Great find!! Please keep us posted with pics!!
                          Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

I haven't got started on it yet as getting everything ready on the gmc for power tour.I will probably get going on it after power tour.I will make a build thread on it when I get going on it.

Comment

Sounds good, looking forward to your build thread!

Happy motoring!!
                              Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X