PA vintage tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA vintage tags

PA residents can now use vintage tags as primary tag once bill is signed by Governor

Vintage Plates Ruled Legal for PA Residents

New Law Paves the Way for "Year of Tags" to Adorn Collector Cars

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Carlisle Events, located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania has long been dubbed “America’s Automotive Hometown.” With its 11 Keystone State based events, ten of which take place at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds, over a half a million collector car enthusiasts converge on the mid-state between April and October. Now, with the passage of HB 1203, Pennsylvania residents can properly and proudly display when their vintage or antique ride was minted.

Using year-of-manufacture plates provides a better authentication of historical vehicles and furthers the public awareness of collector cars in our society. In addition, the passing of this bill brings Pennsylvania in line with 45 other states that allow the display of vintage plates. Car owners who have a period specific license plate can now use it, with proper verification and registration from the Department of Motor Vehicles.#

Representative John Lawrence, a Republican from Chester County and prime sponsor of the bill noted in a recent release touting the passing that “antique and classic automobiles play an important role in Pennsylvania's economy and enthusiastic car collectors from around the state had contacted me in support of this legislation.” Lawrence continued by noting that "Pennsylvania annually hosts a number of internationally recognized car shows, creating an economic impact well into the millions.”#

HB 1203 is a great accomplishment for the car collectors of Pennsylvania," said Carlisle Events co-owner and co-founder Bill Miller, Jr. "Most states in the U.S. already allow vintage license plates to be used on collector cars and for many collectors, this is the crowning touch to their restored or beautiful original collector car." Miller concluded by saying, "Hats off to Representative John Lawrence, all who approved the law and to our Governor, Tom Corbett for making this happen.”#

The passage is expected to be signed in the coming days by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett.

# # #
    Last edited by fabricatordave; April 8, 2012, 10:22 AM.

there fixed

Comment

Well that kicks ass...glad I voted for Lawrence.
      Thanks for the heads up...
      Last edited by Joe Grippo; April 8, 2012, 06:48 PM. Reason: fat fingers
      Time Wasters...
      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Yea, I got the notice from sema in a e-mail, I posted it on Facebook. Dave treed me here.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
        X