• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can you remove an engine?

these guys are down to a few seconds

formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

I saw that for a beetle, looked a like a 60s TV show..
    and the tear down of a jeep by military personnel.
    crazy fast.

by myself I had the little sube all apart and back in about 6 hours. A clutch job.
    if to take the same amount of time on an easier project, less mistakes. I am in no rush..give all of the different builds a day.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Those Ukraine boys really know how to have fun
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Why do I think alcohol was involved was involved as well? That was funny though!
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Early 80's GM 1/2 ton, my record was 40 minutes from the time I drove it in the shop to when the engine was sitting on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by starterguy View Post
            Early 80's GM 1/2 ton, my record was 40 minutes from the time I drove it in the shop to when the engine was sitting on the floor.
            You must've had a smaller chain and tree than the guys
            on the video.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I can pull the Six out of the race car in about 2 hours and that's not rushing. I built a brace to hold up the trans so that's no big deal and the hoist helps greatly.

Dan

Comment

LMAO Yup, thats pretty quick.
                Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

depends on the car. i can drop the front cradle of a GM w-body in about 30-40 minutes depending on how badly rusted the 4 cradble bolts are
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I remember watching the Saleen team crew guys re & re a 5.0L in a Fox Saleen Mustang during a 24 hour race at Mosport. They were up and running again in about 40 minutes ... pretty impressive stuff.

That vid with the Golf is pretty hilarious though, just wouldn't want to try putting an engine back in that particular car!

cheers
                    Ed
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                      depends on the car. i can drop the front cradle of a GM w-body in about 30-40 minutes depending on how badly rusted the 4 cradble bolts are
                      Takes me 30-40 minutes just to get up off of the floor
                      Thom

Comment

Hate to ask... A link to that engine yank session please?

I'm with Monk... Floors are forever jobs!

Comment

About an hour is my record. Though it was a stupid easy car to work on.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                            I remember watching the Saleen team crew guys re & re a 5.0L in a Fox Saleen Mustang during a 24 hour race at Mosport. They were up and running again in about 40 minutes ... pretty impressive stuff.

That vid with the Golf is pretty hilarious though, just wouldn't want to try putting an engine back in that particular car!

cheers
                            Ed

Our guys did an excellent job changing the motor that fast. We got a hole in the radiator and thats what ruined the motor. I stayed in pit lane and did pit stops on the other car. I actually did all the pit stops in the race except the motor change...60+ stops.

I was with another team doing Trans Am and we changed the motor and all the trans gears in 40 minutes...that was pretty quick
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Working...
                            X