Fancy Dodge PU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Dodge PU

We're back from a week of traveling to and from and spoiling Grandkids. Whilst we were gone I turned the truck over to MAACO as they have a booth and I don't. Surprisingly, they did EXACTLY what I asked them to and the pics are the result. They were pretty luke-warm when I gave them the plan but everyone in the joint went nuts for it when they saw the results. It takes VISION to get great design!

I'm VERY pleased - and they did a nice job with a LOT of pride. I'm not sure that the color rings true in the pics. It's a 2011 Nissan ice green metallic. Those at the Ohio Mile will see it in person in a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, the lowering kit is on back order but should be here sometime next week (I hope).

Dan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DanStokes; April 9, 2012, 12:25 PM.

Home run.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Me like.
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Looks good.
        Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

NICE!

Dan, that looks great!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I'm REALLY pleased.

A side note. This was my first experience with paintless dent repair (I tend to get it backwards and say "dentless paint repair"). They have a guy who comes in and does that. He took 3 dents out (2 in the now green area and 1 over the left rear wheel well) for $150 - WAY cheaper than having them bump and fill them. You really can't tell where they were. Cool deal.

Dan

Comment

Cool stuff Dan! And that for painless dental repair...
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Dan, that is a sharp-looking truck. Nice work.
                1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Good point, Hermann. I just had a molar replaced with a crown (why don't I feel like a King?) and it was WAY more than $150 - and NOT painless. Guess I know where I'm going next time........

Dan

Comment

Looks great!
                    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

But Teddy, you're biased! Similar look to your Ranger, sorta. But I like the Ranger, too.

It doesn't show in the pics but there's a silver and red double stripe between the green and the black, with the red on the black part. The stripe sets everything off nicely.

Dan

Comment

Stupid reply to thread button.... anyway, what'd they get ya for the spray job? That looks amazing, and no one else has one. Also, how much or little prep did YOU have to do?
                        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

did they shoot both colors ? was there body work envolved ? im assuming a 2 stage paint and that black looks super straight
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Looks great ! Thats a nice green.

Comment

I'm green... (see kitty eye color) that is Fancy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	050000040704C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	861415

looks good Dan, nice choice.
                              Last edited by Beagle; April 9, 2012, 07:16 PM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X