Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is posting on this forum a privilege or a right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deaf Bob you are the sweetest! I am too old for a Bikini though, feel free to cut out my head and paste it on another body, I do that to Car Craft when it gets here before I give it to Loren...
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Ok boys , time to stuff or flip your panties loose so your manhood can make it back in your pants and the pissing contest can be over. Its the internet, a forum and website we all like and have come to love. If you dont know it for sure dont post it. Its the biggest pissing contest ever, he doesnt respect me, I know more ,bullshit. Time to stop. These are not ISO regs or tech bulletins to be feared by techs. Its ok if someone post BS , he will just look like the ass.
      Just my 2 cents worth, but 9 pages?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        The drawbacks to stock fuel tank retention are more numerous but less obvious. The stock Under low demand, cruise type conditions, the large volume of fuel delivered to the rails is unused and returned. The same fuel, picking up heat from the pump and the rails, is constantly recycled to and from this well, rapidly increasing fuel temperature. Common problems associated with stock fuel tanks and fabricated pickups are pump cavitation, vapor lock, varying fuel pressure, exaggerated pump wear and lean conditions during both low and high loads. Note: Unlike a carbureted engine, any loss of fuel supply at the in-tank- pickup will immediately result in a loss of fuel volume and pressure at the EFI injector resulting in lean conditions and engine damage
        speaking of temp sensors for fuel..(I found one)
        what is quoted is probably why they monitor the regulator more, instead of anything else.
        if the pump is allowed to move..it won't get hot.
        the later in the run you regulate, the cooler all before it stays.

I could not figure out how one line carbs worked or why..seems ridiculous. no purge in certain scenarios...

they did it to back it up and create heat right at the carb..as carbs have no heat rise, in fact they get colder than the air.

I still challenge it to be more like injection, find heat elsewhere to get it going. Return line it late in the haul.

where was this thread headed anyway..
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Boxer3main can you point me to the fuel temp sensor link?
          Last edited by CDMBill; April 11, 2012, 09:59 PM.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Where do they usually put fuel line coolers? Return side or pressure side? Just curious.

One thing about a pissing contest, never a winner and everyone involved comes out smelling like piss.
            Jeff
            Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              Boxer3main can point me to the fuel temp sensor link?

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
                Where do they usually put fuel line coolers? Return side or pressure side? Just curious.

One thing about a pissing contest, never a winner and everyone involved comes out smelling like piss.
                I would assume you put it in the return line to keep the heat out of the tank..........
                Last edited by TC; April 11, 2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post

Well, it's all subjective, really. If you've been eating gophers for a few weeks and not drinking a whole lot of water, your piss will smell like gopher meat.

But if you've been drinking a whole lot of beer over the same period of time, your piss will smell like beer, and it'll have a real nice foamy head on it when you pee.

Just adding those factors in, something to take into consideration.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

On a side note, you know why you pee beer faster than milk?

It does not have to stop and change colors
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                      On a side note, you know why you pee beer faster than milk?

It does not have to stop and change colors
                      You drink too much, your pee turns clear. By that time, it's coming out at 1:1 ratio. In 12 oz, out 12 oz. Your liver stores up the Yellow for when it quits and your skin turns that color. Oh hell. Nevermind.

I vote privilige. It's my right to ignore...
                      Last edited by Beagle; April 11, 2012, 06:58 PM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TC View Post
                        Tell me what happens with an OEM pump if you drive around on an empty tank of gas all the time.......

If the tanks EMPTY your not driving around....just sayin'....

Comment

• Back on track. I'd say it's both a right and a privilege. But step accross the line and you're right is taken away, along with your privilige to post here. Just ask the members that have been denied both. Back off track. I'd take Jeff or Scotts advice over yours all day everyday Alex, as one does it and the other one gets paid to do it, whereas you're an apartment manager with some certs hanging on a wall that are probably expired and not really worth the paper their written on. I'd love to see you posting in the tech section on the Bullet.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                            Back on track. I'd say it's both a right and a privilege. But step accross the line and you're right is taken away, along with your privilige to post here. Just ask the members that have been denied both. Back off track. I'd take Jeff or Scotts advice over yours all day everyday Alex, as one does it and the other one gets paid to do it, whereas you're an apartment manager with some certs hanging on a wall that are probably expired and not really worth the paper their written on. I'd love to see you posting in the tech section on the Bullet.
                            Hey I got the best advise I can give anyone for you, if I say to do something a certain way, make sure you do it the total opposite way, that way you'll always be doing it right........

Comment

• Thats the first sound advise you have given.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X