Alfalfa Ramero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfalfa Ramero

This was actually parked in my office parking lot yesterday.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

That's a riot.
    I'm still learning

Comment

What would be better is if it were owned by a girl named Darla!
      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I get the stupidity - but I wouldn't mind having it. Had one years back but it was a rusty wreck and I wasn't in the mood to weld it back together at that time. Still, it was a great little mini-Ferrari.

Dan

Comment

Buttwheet say it O-tay!
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I get the stupidity - but I wouldn't mind having it. Had one years back but it was a rusty wreck and I wasn't in the mood to weld it back together at that time. Still, it was a great little mini-Ferrari.

Dan
            I had to go look at the engines..
            dual overhad cam, aluminum. that was very good back then.
            although the vega engine was too in the right hands..

I drove an mg in the yard when I was akid.. terrifying. not my cup of tea.

an old sube wagon is as midget as I go...a real four cyl anyway.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Damn that's funny
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

make him an offer.... that sounds suspiciously like a poor reference to "The Graduate" with Dustin Hoffman.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

theres a 1990 alfa 164 for $750 in the local classifieds right now, id probably buy it if i had the cash
                  formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                  http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

The only missing picture is the one of the "damaged right door"...

But Alfalfa seems right. You need it to feed the horse required to drag the car home. I had a buddy in grade school who's dad had two of them. Never in the driveway at the same time, mind you. One of them was constantly in the shop. They rotated positions excercising the shop lift. Seriously.

And I want it, but I'd be as afraid of drving that in Dallas traffic as I would of driving a motorcycle in Dallas traffic!
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If you actually want to drive a car like that, the best way to handle it is to start with a new wiring harness, then put in a modern drive train and upgraded brakes....
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

A sprout covered "Alfalfa Romeo" might make a good theme for 24 Hours of Lemons...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                          A sprout covered "Alfalfa Romeo" might make a good theme for 24 Hours of Lemons...
                          just add the sprint and mg.

I make fun..
                          but the 1781cc I play with was just as silly scaled in steel and weight. The boxer was a real eye opener when I first drove one. I had a 1.8 chevette, holley 5200 to relate back to.
                          they really insiste on staying within themselves, and then factories give them big bellowing air..
                          the boxer is exactly the opposite..runted in every way by factory.
                          it is just the past couple of years realizing in my own tinkering what a real four can do...

the screaming inline drives me crazy..absolutely insane.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 12, 2012, 07:22 AM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

the engine looks like a old offy engine used in midget racing, might be a cool drivetrain to put in a track roadster project
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

The Alfa 4 is definitely a great little engine. It's a true OHC with no monkey motion between the cam and the valves. Doing a valve adjustment is a bit of a PITA as you have to squeeze the springs and pry out a puck (same as the Fiat 124 DOHC) but they rarely go out of adjustment once set. I had the Fiat DOHC and SOHC tools for years but chucked them when we moved here.

Mine had the mechanical fuel injection. I had been warned that it was also a pain but I never had a problem. Magnetti Marelli (Italian electrics) is problematic but again I got lucky. My Stradas were mostly Bosch - not a ton better in my opinion.

Dan

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X