Incredible Video: Ford 427 Cammer on the dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible Video: Ford 427 Cammer on the dyno

Check this out! Jay Brown is one of those rare, super-human gear heads who has the brains, the talent, the drive, the vision, and even the bucks to build just about any amazing Hot Rod that the human mind can conceive. Hidden away in his top secret Bat-Cave location, Jay has assembled a dream collection of cars, parts, and equipment that only a privileged few have had the opportunity to drool over in person. Since Jay is a die-hard Ford FE big block fanatic, you can hardly walk through the cave without tripping over rare FE stuff. Stuff that even the most jaded Chevy freak would uncontrollably lust after - especially the exotic 427 cammer parts that are stacked up like cordwood everywhere you look. And since he prefers to build everything on his cars himself, there is industrial grade equipment jammed into every corner this one man dream garage - stuff like a cnc machining center, a full size paint booth, and even a Superflow engine Dyno! Which brings us to the topic of this killer video!

Jay just screwed together what he considers to be a "little" (519 CID) cammer, and is flogging it to within an inch of its life on the dyno to make sure that the Hillborn injector (complete with calliope stacks that hearken back to the AFX look of '60 drag racing) is all dialed in. The scream of Fords big hemi as it tears past 7500 rpm is so awesome that it should be piped into every classroom in America on a daily basis! It could save an entire generation from wimpdom!

See and hear it for yourself right here:

or check out all the details at fepower.net!

Sounds REAL good!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

nice looking engine..
      the sound at my end is terrible. I give you tube credit for the misery..
      I bet it sounds awesome.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Jay is the man on a multitude of levels! Nice work as always.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

LOL Cool indeed Jay!

Cruise over to Jays site and check out this thread...

Jay is building his own intake in this thread.Just flat awsome stuff as always from Jay.
          Last edited by Cyclone03; April 15, 2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Jay is the coolest man in America. His book is freaking awesome and he knows that a tupperware tub flipped upside down will fit over 8 Hilborn stacks on a SOHC Ford motor all day long. Superman lives, and his name is Jay Brown.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hey Brian, you inspired me to write like that instead of just saying "heres a video"!
              Last edited by Hemi Joel; April 15, 2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Jay is the coolest man in America. His book is freaking awesome and he knows that a tupperware tub flipped upside down will fit over 8 Hilborn stacks on a SOHC Ford motor all day long. Superman lives, and his name is Jay Brown.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think I just wet myself......
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Man, that just rules! I think the exhuast fan makes 500 HP when the video starts I thought the engine was running then I saw the pulleys weren't spinning then the real noise comes on and holy s**t Batman! I feel for those guys running Super Race N/A at DW this year. If ypou want the entire scoop on the coolness check out the FE Power Form thread on this build.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Time Wasters...
                      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Oh man, I hope my wife never sees this thread. She will never let me hear the end of it:

"How did you fool all those guys, anyway?";
                        "This is just more positive reinforcement for you smelling like grease and oil";
                        "That Hemi Joel sure is full of it";
                        "How come you weren't Superman last night?".
                        etc. etc.

Seriously, thanks for all the kind words, guys, but I'm just trying to drag a dinosaur into the modern era. The next SOHC, due to be finished up in a couple of months, ought to be REALLY cool...
                        Last edited by jaybnve; April 16, 2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post
                          Oh man, I hope my wife never sees this thread. She will never let me hear the end of it:

"How did you fool all those guys, anyway?";
                          "This is just more positive reinforcement for you smelling like grease and oil";
                          "That Hemi Joel sure is full of it";
                          "How come you weren't Superman last night?".
                          etc. etc.

Seriously, thanks for all the kind words, guys, but I'm just trying to drag a dinosaur into the modern era. The next SOHC, due to be finished up in a couple of months, ought to be REALLY cool...
                          sohc, aluminum, and v8..
                          hardly a dinosaur.

funny enough, I am bailing a "mini dinosaur" with similar specs.
                          just getting right to the valve has a surprise.

does sohc have the valve path inverted like that on all of them? I was looking at the build thread posted. I am relating to that too strangely..
                          two intake valves in the middle cylinders, a mirrored path from the point out.

anyway, love the engine.

it is a hero.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 16, 2012, 01:01 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                            sohc, aluminum, and v8..
                            hardly a dinosaur.

funny enough, I am bailing a "mini dinosaur" with similar specs.
                            just getting right to the valve has a surprise.

does sohc have the valve path inverted like that on all of them? I was looking at the build thread posted. I am relating to that too strangely..
                            two intake valves in the middle cylinders, a mirrored path from the point out.

anyway, love the engine.

it is a hero.
                            I guess I was referring to the fact that no serious development has been done on that engine since the late 1960s. So it's a little behind...

Not sure what you are referring to by "valve path inverted"; can you clarify?

Comment

Very cool Jay!
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X