Get an Eagal Talon dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get an Eagal Talon dude

Im about to graduate high school and im lucky enough to have half of my classes in the auto shop this year. The thing is, most of my classmates drive imports. Im not talking hondas or anything, but high powered turbo 4-bangers. I generally can live with that as long as the deliver on the strip.

One kid just rebuilt his 97 Eagal Talon turbo and is running at aproximatley 425hp and 460 ft-lbs. Its a lot of fun, but not really my kind of car.

I currently am in the market for a new car and he's trying to convince me that i need a DSM (talon, eclipse, ect). He also asked me "what, are they too fast for you?"

At this point, im not real happy about him and his car. Now i really need to buy and modify quickly so i can beat the crap out of him.

Re: Get an Eagal Talon dude

A 5.0 Mustang with a ProCharger, cam, and a few typical bolt-ons should do it.

It will take some nuts to get him off the line though, especially on the street.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta

It will take some nuts to get him off the line though, especially on the street.
      Ya, but he has front wheel drive, not the awd model

Comment

take another talon and stick a v8 in it(get the AWD one)

put a LS motor in a datsun 240z or superbeetle(front or back) and you will be handing him his ass all day.if your SUPERBUDGET Man then buy a 80's rx7 and gut a wrecked late 90's Z28... that should be "plenty" just my 0.02

Comment

Nah, put some of that money in the suspension, and a set of Drag Radials.
          As far as the motor, DF showed the way a long time ago.
          Stock 83-91 forged short block, Edelbrock rpm heads, and a cam suited to those heads
          netted 400+hp easily, and lived forever, doing it.

Shoot another 125hp, and with the better launch that RWD gives you over FWD,
          he doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams

Oh, that's easy then. I assumed AWD. 425 hp and front wheel only? Wow.

What's yer budget? I'm agreeing with min301.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Hmmmm...'an M-16 converted to FULL AUTO along with a 9mm conversion(and of course a steady hand...)WILL work wonders for you......... ;D ;). ~OO6.

Comment

Nah, just use the Barrett.

From, like two miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams

Oh, that's easy then. I assumed AWD. 425 hp and front wheel only? Wow.

What's yer budget? I'm agreeing with min301.

Not a lot. Im selling my explorer (check the "for sale" section) so i can buy something. Ive saved money too, but i want to spent less than $3000 on the initial price. I've been looking for a while now and cant find exactly what i want. I really want the fox stang or 3rd gen f-body. But the only cheap ones are automatics and ripped up convertibles. So the search continues. I was planning on doing the ranger V8 swap and i have a thread on here about that, but i need something i can drive daily right off the bat (cause im selling the explorer).

So thats the situation right now

Comment

3rd gen camaro with a gutted LS 4th gen "Heart an Soul".

whats wrong with automatics?

Comment

You'll find something just when you least suspect it. Belive me,it just.......happens(and with me...A LOT ;D...) ;). ~OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                        3rd gen camaro with a gutted LS 4th gen "Heart an Soul".

whats wrong with automatics?
                        There's nothing wrong with them, i just would really like to have a nice 5 speed car

Comment

the only 5 speed F cars are V6 - 3800 F car runs pretty good
                          425 hp talon - 25 psi
                          BOOM !

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            the only 5 speed F cars are V6 - 3800 F car runs pretty good
                            425 hp talon - 25 psi
                            BOOM !
                            Im pretty sure the 3rd gen f cars with the V8 are actually 5 speed cars.... but i could be wrong

Comment

305 equipped cars could be had with a 5-speed.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X