Re: Get an Eagal Talon dude

85' mustang coupe
    Lsx :o
    200 shot

FAST is all that comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
      There's nothing wrong with them, i just would really like to have a nice 5 speed car
      How about a 3rd gen with an LS1/T56 combo? Or even a 5.3l truck motor w/ cam and
      about any GM manual tranny?

My LS1 made 450hp/450tq at the flywheel with minor upgrades... plus he's going to
      have severe traction and turbo lag problems off the line. He might have a great
      highway/top end car, but off the line you'd smoke him with that combo.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
        What he said ;D
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by BetterWithBoost
          There's nothing wrong with them, i just would really like to have a nice 5 speed car
          How about a 3rd gen with an LS1/T56 combo? Or even a 5.3l truck motor w/ cam and

My LS1 made 450hp/450tq at the flywheel with minor upgrades... plus he's going to

Around here anyways, the AWD DSM's are the quickest things out of the hole on the street. 2-step is all you need for instant boost off the line.

We hit Parish's truck with a 150-shot to spool the turbo, it took exactly .3 seconds to go form idle to full boost, most of that was spent depressing the throttle. modern engine management is pretty much eliminating "turbo lag"

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            Originally posted by BetterWithBoost

Around here anyways, the AWD DSM's are the quickest things out of the hole on the street. 2-step is all you need for instant boost off the line.

We hit Parish's truck with a 150-shot to spool the turbo, it took exactly .3 seconds to go form idle to full boost, most of that was spent depressing the throttle. modern engine management is pretty much eliminating "turbo lag"

This one is FWD, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              You should listen to Brian and the other guys leaning you towards foxbodies or fox chassis.

Parish's fairmont can be duplicated for about $4000 top to bottom (including EFI, suspension, engine, turbo, and piping - you have to weld up the intake yourself though, which is easy with a MIG and a weekend). That is buying some parts used Ebay-style, but it can be done.

It ran 9.49 in the quartermile at KCIR 3 weeks ago.

-scott
              NINE .FORTY NINE !!!

Comment

if you end up selling instead of trading, what about one of these suckers?

84-86 SVO mustang. not a bad car, and pretty cheap to upgrade. few mods gets them moving well in a straight line, and not to mention one of the best handling fox's
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                  all i have to say to that is NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

go to nelson racing engines front page. 7xxci and puts out 3000hp from a little TT setup so that blows your little statement out of the water doesnt it
                  Adding boost pressure to a low displacement motor is actually the same as adding cubic inch displacement to a big block. There's an equation out there that I can't find right now and it shows the relationship between static displacement, volumetric efficiency, boost pressure and RPM to give a dynamic displacement.
                  1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                  1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

And for input as to what to build. Find a fox body mustang carcas, add a 5.3L LSx truck motor, a th400, and a turbo. That's about all you need.
                    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
                    X