Howdy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy!

Dan Stoner from Garage Magazine sent me over to check this place out. Here goes... Aside from the usual addictions gearheads have, I'm also afflicted with "impossibillyum projectocrisis igmOraimness". I've heard it's not really that rare of a disease, but I haven't met anyone who has it other than me - yet.

I'm hoping some folks on here also (suffer?) from it, so I can experience that elusive "interweb group hug" thing my sensitive friends talk about. I first contracted the disease in 1970 when I touched a Mongoo$e Hot Wheel OUT OF IT'S PACKAGE at the local Woolco. This lead to a fascination with drag racing, but more specifically the already nearly extinct front engine dragster. By 1972 I realized actually owning, or even SEEING one in real life was a silly dream. From that point on, I refused to even look at them and my symptoms subsided. The sickness laid dormant for 28 years.

In 1999 I went on the internet and found www.wediditforlove.com, now I'm nearly $250,000 in the hole with the only pair of NHRA legal mid-sixties style tire smokers on the planet. Yes, I said tire smokers - my rails are engineered to run like they used to...Push start, turn 'em around, line 'em up and HIT IT. HARD. 165' wb, 2,500+ h.p. nitro Donovan hemis, locked up pedal clutches, direct drive, no reverser etc etc. I call 'em "Super '65s". What do they call me? I'd rather not say.

What I'm doing is frankly, impossible. Not only are these cars expensive as !@#$ and wooly as all get out, but the fastest I've ever gone in the quarter mile is 12.60 (I don't really even count that because the car was an automatic.) To add to all this the entire project is actually a multi-media art piece involving everything you can think of. It's huge. It's superbad. It's !@#$ing NUTS.

There are 10 million details but that's the rough outlay. I've got one of the rails ready to run and I'm within $20k of making the 6 passes to get my license with it. I'm a one man shop designing, fabricating, painting and assembling motorcycles and hot rods, plus I do a little comic art and writing. Go to www.condercustom.com if you get bored, and find Armageddon top Fuel to read about the project. I humbly and with great humility thank you for your time. - Pray to the Gods of Speed for me boys....I'm gonna need it.

Re: Howdy!

Welcome! Stunning artwork, would like to see more of the 'Super 65s'.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

WoW, Conder yer a sick f&*k, I think you'll fit in just fine around here.

Your artwork is awe inspiring!

Comment

very cool. i found your web site a little while ago and bookmarked it, and i look at it often.
        i really like the low cage of your rails rather than high look of the "new nostalgia" ones that are showing up. it's very refreshing.
        i believe i suffer from the same disease as you do. i am 4 years into my a/fuel project, drive a very rusty nissan pick-up, and live on a steady diet of peanut butter & jelly sandwitches (bologna just got too expensive) i think it has something to do with nitro.
        well its good to know where you can be found, and i am looking forward to more updates.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Condor, wickedly awesome work dude. I've only made my way through DESTRUCTION so far.

Siouxsie is wickedly awesome too !! What a devil girl, yeow ....

;D

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I tried to post some pics but it didn't go. If a ton of repeat posts show up later I'm pleading ignorance...

Comment

Condor

Check out the "Photo Posting 101" thread in the "General Discussion" section by Denise (HotRodLadyCrusr) and good luck !!

;)

Comment

Okay, here we go...Thanks to HotRodLadycruiser in advance. These are pictures of my rail at the March Meet in '08...NHRA LEGAL and ready to run!

Comment

Much cool! Not sure if I like the rail or the wagon better.

Welcome aboard -
                  Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X