Value of Manual Labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Value of Manual Labor

Its a good day when I get done and I've got grease under my nails and bleeding somewhere....

I like mowing my yard (I have a push mower and can't stand self propelled or riding ones) and the only thing I don't like about chopping wood, or breaking concrete, is the blisters I get that keep me from working in the garage later.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I like mowing my yard (I have a push mower and can't stand self propelled or riding ones)
      I've got 8 acres. You're more than welcome to come push a mower around any time you would like. ;D Otherwise, I'll be riding my little Craftsman 5 or 6 hours every 5 or 6 days and spending the rest of my day weed eating, which I hate with a passion. ;) I can't count the number of times my weed eater almost went in the pond after getting hit in the face with a rock or stick. >

I hate hard labor. That doesn't mean I don't work, I just don't like it when I do. I spent years as a cowboy and ranch hand when I was younger and I can honestly say I know what hard labor is. I actually used to enjoy hauling hay. Working with two or three other guys, we would load bales of hay out of the field, haul it and unload it. Up to almost 2000 bales in a day. I used to load and haul hay to Animas and Cotton City New Mexico when we were growing it. I was in much better shape at that time, which is why I kinda enjoyed it. No better workout than working your butt off.

I generally enjoy technical and tedious work. I can sit in my gun room and reload ammo or work on guns for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        They made pilots run and play PT ?
        Didn't the Army have some type of Top Gun school ?
        ;)
        Steve, 'course they do.

He was expelled. ;D

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Originally posted by White Monster
          They made pilots run and play PT ?
          Didn't the Army have some type of Top Gun school ?
          ;)
          Steve, 'course they do.
          He was expelled. ;D
          WHAT ? You mean he was accepted in the first place ??

???

Comment

A strong review of the talent evaluation process was conducted by the Army afterwards.

They decided they only wanted to make that mistake once!

Brian

Comment

Military intelligence, heh. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                A strong review of the talent evaluation process was conducted by the Army afterwards.
                They decided they only wanted to make that mistake once!
                I should hope so !!

Comment

'Bout 1/2 my day on any given jobsite is heavy, manual work. The rest is finess, focus, programming and creativity.

Given that a typical shift can last 18-20 hours, one is still putting in a full day's manual labour to get the rig in the air and then back in the truck at the end of the day....

Comment

Hard work never killed anybody unless there was a pre-existing problem .
                    However , I'm getting fat and lazy and had better do something about it before the previous statement sinks its teeth firmly into my backside.
                    I love hard work and do believe that its what really propells the "work place " forward to make up for where the slackers waste or lose out .
                    If the fuel prices stay so high or go higher yet , we'll see alot more of these ole country boys burning firewood to heat their homes , thus the hard work ! I heat with a wood stove and love it, got a Stihl 064av that cuts almost 3 tons per load on a Saturday . I split it all with a maul by hand !

Comment

Yeah yeah.... even when you explain it 10 times...they don't get that it's

"Thier Army, and I'm just passing through" ...

They still want you to play Army now and again...

As far as PT with you two fluf's.... ( that would be Fat little Ugly... well you get the idea... ) Any time.... how bout we jump rope.... instead of smoking dope with the pope?

K

Comment

I don't mind the hard work, but I realy dont mind it when I got some hot girl to rub it at night............lol

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                          As far as PT with you two fluf's.... ( that would be Fat little Ugly... well you get the idea... ) Any time.... how bout we jump rope.... instead of smoking dope with the pope?
                          I'll have to take you up on the offer sometime.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                            Brian, did you see what he said ? I represent that, I'm not fat !!!

;)

Comment

Well Steve....that's kinda the problem. Seeing that I am....he he.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X