Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why won't my avatar load up nor can I reference a photo from photobucket for my avatar.

Re: Avatar Wont Upload

Originally posted by cal67ss396
    Why won't my avatar load up nor can I reference a photo from photobucket for my avatar.
    Check out the "Photo Posting 101" thread in the "General Discussion" section by Denise (HotRodLadyCrusr) and good luck !!

;)

Comment

Mine will not load either. Looks like a problem after the move. It will not let me upload anything from my computer when I click the browse icon.

I get this message.

An Error Has Occurred!
      The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

Comment

Just upload your avatar to Photobucket and link to it from there.
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
            Just upload your avatar to Photobucket and link to it from there.
            Been trying to get my avatar back up too.....nothing seems to work....it could be me though, but I went thru the pic posting thread and still nothing works
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Here, put this link in the "I have my own pic"-field of your profile-avatarsettings;

(don't use IMG-brackets here!)

... and this will apear:

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

That worked....thanks....more to the point how do I change to other av's I have @ photobucket. I think I may be copying/pasting the wrong thing on there....which is correct?....I got how to do images....just not the avatars

Comment

You'll have to choose the "Direct Link" to an image in your Photobucket. But most of the time that image is too large to use.
                  I always use the thumbnail-version because that's usually the right size (165pixels wide) for webforums. Although this forum 'wants' to see a square sized image, otherwise it will stretch it, like the image I used for you.

To select the thumbnail-image, just right-click on the thumbnail, and copy it's weblocation, for instance;

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

... and put this into your avatar-field;

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Me thinks I have it figured out finally.....THANKS!

Comment

As my wonderful sister HotRodLadyCrusr (she's the bomb !) told me awhile back ...

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr

If you want your photos to fit nicely on the screen, so the viewer doesn't have to scroll back and forth, go to your photobucket acct and look for the ..

"max image size: 640 x 480 (options)"

.. which is located right under the word Mobile Phone and above the first browse button.

Click on the word "option" and chose Message Board option. You only have to do this once and all your photos from that point on, will be displayed perfectly to fit the screen.

Your welcome brother
                      ;D
                      If you want earlier posted images to be corrected, you have to reload them, then copy & paste the new link to the posting.

Hope that helps someone.
                      ;)

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                        As my wonderful sister HotRodLadyCrusr (she's the bomb !) told me awhile back ...

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr

If you want your photos to fit nicely on the screen, so the viewer doesn't have to scroll back and forth, go to your photobucket acct and look for the ..

"max image size: 640 x 480 (options)"

.. which is located right under the word Mobile Phone and above the first browse button.

Click on the word "option" and chose Message Board option. You only have to do this once and all your photos from that point on, will be displayed perfectly to fit the screen.

Your welcome brother
                        ;D
                        If you want earlier posted images to be corrected, you have to reload them, then copy & paste the new link to the posting.

Hope that helps someone.
                        ;)
                        All of it helps me. I know it sounds funny, but I am just now learning all this "new" technology.

Comment

Working...
                        X