Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bjohn; February 10, 2024, 10:19 AM.

As I get older, the comfort side of the scale has become far more appealing.
    I'm still learning

Comment

I drive Buick's, comfort is ALWAYS a factor Hoping for A/C this year!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I had a few rental cars last year. Of course I go them to 100+. It was scary as hell as you could not tell what speed you were going, without looking at the speedometer. Those are nice cars as well, forgot they made a V8. A friend of mine has the I6 and can do smoke shows with it.
        Muscle Cars and Rally Cars.

Comment

the older I get, the more I like older stuff. Character wins out over comfort these days for me.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            the older I get, the more I like older stuff. Character wins out over comfort these days for me.
            I don't know how your driver's seat feels, but if it's anything like the passenger seat it's nice and springy!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hard to say...I don't own anything nice.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                you said it another way I did not.

I am getting to be the same strangely.

comfort to me is 20 foot long sedan a real 3800 pounds or heavier, and not being able to tell the v8 is running.
                ..and if rpms go beyond 3000 it is an ahole.
                I think a 276 inch kenworth w900 is a cadillac...in contrast to my first rides, it is understandable. 100mph loaded is an adult option worth 165,000 dollars indeed.

a ten geared stage 1 clutch subaru from the 80s is my other version of a cadillac...

BMW 2002 type animal suspension...an engine that only lays it down instead of up. four wheels hell bent to stay on earth if it means looking like..well..an animal to do it.

110 inch wheel base would be nice..but no complaints really.

I guess we all get to be odd with the torture manufacturing bullshits us with.

that is probably called abuse in the eyes of real laws unwritten.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 16, 2012, 09:01 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have a quandery with the Crown Vic because I chose to put Eagle GT's on it which have a stiff sidewall, couple that with the stiff cop car springs and it rides like a truck. Even though it corners real nice the next set of tires are going to be something a little less Hi-perf and I may even hunt down some softer springs. Great handeling is nice but in if your daily driver beats you to death it gets old quick.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

lol compared to my Grand Prixs and the lebaron my police spec merc rides like a sofa on wheels lol
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

IMO nothing beats comfortable benchracing in a '60NY...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by bjohn
                        Its funny, I get into some of my friends cars that are on lowered coilovers/bigger wheels etc and the ride is next to awful. I'd personally have a slower car that I could drive 800 miles ha.... That being said, I've recently been interested in newer GTO's, although their interior seems cheap. Any first hand info on how they drive?...
                        one of the guys who likes Buicks and Fiats and such on here can tell you how well they stay parked, and hold down the dealer's service lift to keep it (the lift) from floating away... The nice lady at work says her MPG is now down to 15mpg on average (WTF?) on an untouched, never seen a tuner 5.7 version. I admit to liking them but I'm not liking some of the stuff I hear.
                        Last edited by Beagle; April 17, 2012, 12:51 AM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          one of the guys who likes Buicks and Fiats and such on here can tell you how well they stay parked, and hold down the dealer's service lift to keep it (the lift) from floating away... The nice lady at work says her MPG is now down to 15mpg on average (WTF?) on an untouched, never seen a tuner 5.7 version. I admit to liking them but I'm not liking some of the stuff I hear.

my buddy has an 04 with the ls1 and t56, hes never had a problem with it and it gets 26-28mpg
                          formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                          http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

I am a bit conflicted. I love my 87 GTA 350 trans am that I put a T -5 in. Then I have the 95 Caprice Classic wagon with the 350 LT1. Both have big factory brakes ,power locks and widows , tilt and cruise. Right now I like the Trans am just a little bit more. When i find a Caprice Classic sedan to put my cop sway bars on and put the LT1 in . Plus a T-56 six speed, the T/A will probably find a new home.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My hot rod is the most comfortable car/truck I have. The 'glass buckets leave a bit to be desired, and having to climb over the side bars get old on a cruise night, but nothing beats the style and feeling of an "old" car.
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X