James Dean car and the curse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Dean car and the curse

Just saw a segment on The Travel Channel about James Dean car. It documented the curse of the car.........even after the wreck.

Oddly it eventually just dis appeared.

Long read but interesting

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

It's in a warehouse sitting next to the Lost Ark. Creepy.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

lol! next to the ark! good one.

found more on it

* James Dean’s love for speed, racing and “living on the edge” are all well documented in many books, documentaries and bios– so I won’t belabor the point here.  Check…

Last edited by bullet; April 17, 2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

No wonder it was so dangerous; he let George Barris wrench on a race car. That would explain a lot of it...
        Last edited by Matt Cramer; April 18, 2012, 07:07 AM.

Comment

There are no coincidences~
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

That whole list of stuff is just plain weird.

I'd most question the asserted "fact" that the car wreckage disappeared from inside a sealed railcar.

I wonder what "seals"/type they were using back then - a bent welding rod? In a previous career, I loaded and sealed a few thousand railcars. The seals we used in the 80's-90's were .. metal, I guess tin, and you couldn't remove it without destroying it, and each one was NUMBERED. Heck yeah, I can open a sealed railcar and then seal it back, we had bundles of hundreds of seals But they were individually numbered.

That was a real quick pass through that part of the story, how the car wreckage disappeared in transit, but the railcar seals were intact. I'd like some more definitive detail on that one detail of the horror list. That one detail I'm not going to buy cheaply.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Sealed or not...

Peewee, one account was a truck with a sealed trailer never got loaded... The detective who investigated said all weights at weigh stations confirm that... Empty trailer...

Then another is it was loaded on a rail car and disappeared enroute... Like you say... Hard to believe

3rd account says it disappeared in Oregon... Since I live relatively close to that location, I'm leaving it at that...

For someone who is a non-believer in the dark magic...I sure am a wet noodle about that car for some reason...

Comment

It IS a great story though. I can recall from the news that sure enough some of those folks they named sure did die suddenly and tragically in accidents/misfortune of questionable nature.

No, I don't do dark either. But lots of folks sure do. Hard to say who's right or wrong when none of us really know. Conjecture is perhaps the most powerful force in one's interpretation of "presented facts."

Comment

The "Little Bastard".....hell of a thing to name an automobile, much less paint on it.

Even IF that thing is ever found, best thing to do is crush and melt it down for scrap. Normally wouldn't hear that kinda talk from me...but there's too much bad mojo surrounding that car.

Comment

I agree..no coincidence. man built it.

I can attest to a concentric boxer..
                    I have my own little bastard.
                    never race it.
                    both rear brake lines blew at the same time (deans car blew two rear tires..same time)
                    pulling a newer CAI off the fender wall plenum, blew the power steering rack seal (it sensed the wight change in air outside the engine) A v8 had done this to me, I blamed maine terrain.

the freakiest ever was one I totalled..2wd, belts came off the front. crank pulley unscrewed itself. (you only needed to exceed 140 foot pounds)
                    without throttle, or in gear, I coasted six miles at the speed limit.

I went back to four wheel drive after that. That 2wd has a control, you can't control.

if that little f****r dials in at the wrong time..holy crap.

of course, if it has to dial in..something aint happy in the first place.

Leave them old 3 main boxers sloppier than the others. right down the middle...keep huge air.
                    so huge, a draft has to fight.
                    of course, they did the opposite thoughout all of history...

today, anyone can do what they want..
                    but carbed days, achieving high vacuum, fast velocity, cramming air..there is some extras to pay attention to.

A little 1.8 subaru engine, 3 main..that could do 130hp old vw style all day long. alot of people still play today..no weirdness.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 18, 2012, 03:32 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke! View Post
                      The "Little Bastard".....hell of a thing to name an automobile, much less paint on it.

Even IF that thing is ever found, best thing to do is crush and melt it down for scrap. Normally wouldn't hear that kinda talk from me...but there's too much bad mojo surrounding that car.
                      What car was it that.....well, it's all in a name....was it Chevy or which company years ago that named a new short-lived model of car, "Impact?"

That probably wasn't a good idea to come from the board room, either.

EDIT: Okay, it was a Chevy - this is the quickest thing I could find:

A car named "Impact." that was along about the same time in history that there was a stylish line of travel luggage called Amelia Earhart. The first time I saw a commercial for it, I burst into laughter. I mean, what another bad name. I mean, okay, you buy this expensive luggage and put it on a plane, and then you never see it again.
                      Last edited by pdub; April 18, 2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X