Junior Johnson's 1963 Impala SS Race Car w/Mk.II 427

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Johnson's 1963 Impala SS Race Car w/Mk.II 427

This is really cool. A museum in Charlotte has it.

Says in the article that most people thought he raced a Z-11 in NASCAR, not true, it's an Impala SS.

The top destination for sales and consignment of classic and muscle cars. With everything from muscle cars, hot rods, to exotics. Drive your dream home!
    Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

sure is pretty...seems a shame to be sitting in a museum...looks to me like it wants to get out and run
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

floyd garrett built a clone 3 after buying a mystery motor at smokey yunick's auction in 1989
      I took photos at Richard Childress racing in 1993

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        floyd garrett built a clone 3 after buying a mystery motor at smokey yunick's auction in 1989
        I took photos at Richard Childress racing in 1993
        That Floyd Garrett muscle car museum in Tennessee is totally awesome!! When I was still married I went there with the wife and took so long going around looking at his stuff that she got all pissed off at me...........I guess that's one of the reasons I'm not married to her any more.......LOL
        Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

Yep......those motors were bad ass.

Was at Floyd Garrett's last year.....awesome place to visit.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

before there was an internet , there was prosperity and people could visit other places in the world

Comment

If only NASCAR was still that way, I'd still be a fan. No wonder half of the stands are empty. Back in the day....well not any more.

Not the cars OR the drivers. Not any more.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I was in Daytona in 1963 to watch the 500. Junior was fast but it didn't last. The Woods Brothers win with Tiny Lund at the wheel. Those were the days when Stock Cars were stock cars and real men drove unlike the surfer dudes today.
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  before there was an internet , there was prosperity and people could visit other places in the world
                  I figure the amount people used to spend traveling about meeting other people and seeing cool stuff is directly proportional to the amount they now spend on high-speed internet access.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                  X