Nascar Sucks Up To The GREEN Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Sucks Up To The GREEN Agenda

NASCAR issued a 'White Paper' detailing the various programs that have made NASCAR a leader in green initiatives across all sports. The data in "The Sports Leader in Sustainability"* illustrates the steps NASCAR has taken in educating fans, reducing the sport's environmental impact, and validating green technologies both on and off the track. This past weekend in Texas, NASCAR eclipsed the two-million mile mark running on Sunoco Green E15 since the seamless transition to the new fuel in February 2011. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series engines have been operating at an even greater level of efficiency due, in part, to NASCAR's transition to electronic fuel injection this year. NASCAR's release of the 'White Paper' is timed to Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race in Kansas taking place on Earth Day. NASCAR, Kansas Speedway and several of NASCAR's Official Partners will be showcasing many of the environmental sustainability programs that take place each week at race tracks across the country not just on Earth Day. Among those activities happening at Kansas include:
    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; April 19, 2012, 06:57 PM.

Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; April 19, 2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

The first two words are correct. . . .
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

NASCAR trying to sell itself as a green organization is akin to Iran trying to sell its nuclear intentions as honorable. Everyone is at once humoured and alarmed.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I ... uh... yeah. I asked Monica if she thought anybody gave a flying f*k if Nascar was "Green" - she giggled at me.

What about cat-a-tonic converters? Save the kitties!

I believe it. Don't you? Agenda is about right.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yeah, and next year they'll be using electric motors.
            Nice and quiet so they don't disturb the birds flying over the ovals...
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

When you stop to think about it,Nascar is the only bunch of idiots that can afford to run the shit an have the proper parts to get away with it.Cost savings my ass.
              Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

And how many gallons do they burn just to not get anywhere?
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Not that i have a problem with it........just don't want to hear how green they are.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'd love to see them run electric cars. Whooshing by at one of the 500 miles races. Go 20 laps, recharge for 5 hours, go another 20 laps. It's a recipe for parties in the infield.

Comment

oh come on!!! I love electric cars - haven't you gone out poaching, only to have the deer run off because of your headers and cherry bombs? electric cars are the answer folks!!!! get with the program
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

This thread is full of win! you guys are killing me today!!
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Buy an electric car - rolling blackouts are fun
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You know back in the olden days, "Being Green", meant you didn't know Jack Shit............

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                              You know back in the olden days, "Being Green", meant you didn't know Jack Shit............
                              Nascars version of a green horn.....Doesnt use any gas or electric....
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                              X