No announcement yet.

Nascar Sucks Up To The GREEN Agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with electric cars in an urban setting. Stop and go works nice because they dont idle. Trying to race for 500 miles, well that would be a rather long drawn out race with the recharge time.

So say not fouling up the planet we live on is a bad thing? Sure there are a few people who are anti automobile, and some who are anti internal combustion engine, it doesnt mean they will get things the way they want it. Some people want kids in school to be taught that the earth is flat. Some want the great plains to have everyone moved out so the American bison can have the land there. I want a toilet made of solid gold, it just isnt in the cards baby.

15% does little more than clean up the exhaust, the cars arent in service long enough for sludge to build up in the tanks and lines. Its funny how so many people bitch about it. Nascar sucks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      Nothing wrong with electric cars in an urban setting. Stop and go works nice because they dont idle. Trying to race for 500 miles, well that would be a rather long drawn out race with the recharge time.

So say not fouling up the planet we live on is a bad thing? Sure there are a few people who are anti automobile, and some who are anti internal combustion engine, it doesnt mean they will get things the way they want it. Some people want kids in school to be taught that the earth is flat. Some want the great plains to have everyone moved out so the American bison can have the land there. I want a toilet made of solid gold, it just isnt in the cards baby.

15% does little more than clean up the exhaust, the cars arent in service long enough for sludge to build up in the tanks and lines. Its funny how so many people bitch about it. Nascar sucks anyway.
      They could just line the track with power cables and run the cars like Slot Cars..... Just a couple big copper pads hanging down on the track..........It would make passing interesting as they jump from one power line to the next.........
      Last edited by TC; April 20, 2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
        NASCAR trying to sell itself as a green organization is akin to Iran trying to sell its nuclear intentions as honorable. Everyone is at once humoured and alarmed.
        ya right

Comment

Ya know... if you were to include all the gas for the "NASCAR AirForce" , the rental cars, the spectator cars, the security and food vendors equipment, the idling ambulances and fire trucks, the jet dryers....etc. etc. etc. I truly wonder how many pounds of hydrocarbons are emitted on a race weekend... oh yeah lets include all three races and the practice/qualifying sessions for ea....

Green.... i think not.

MORE BURNOUTS PLEASE
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

the obvious missing things aren't even extreme to go lean.
            the green quest is even dumber..

self balance, drop some liters...
            injection? I hope it catches up to a main jet and a draft..

live axles in themselves are power hungry.

audi won sebring with a crazy cranked v6 diesel.

come on now...
            it is fear of money.. I mean change, or is that both...
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 20, 2012, 08:23 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
              Ya know... if you were to include all the gas for the "NASCAR AirForce" , the rental cars, the spectator cars, the security and food vendors equipment, the idling ambulances and fire trucks, the jet dryers....etc. etc. etc. I truly wonder how many pounds of hydrocarbons are emitted on a race weekend... oh yeah lets include all three races and the practice/qualifying sessions for ea....

Green.... i think not.

MORE BURNOUTS PLEASE
              They could reduce a lot if they ran all those diesels on the used oil they cook the french fries at the tracks with.

If all this green stuff gets the tree huggers off their asses and not try to outlaw racing, then all the better.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X