Finally got out the 69!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got out the 69!!

Today was a great day!!! Finally went and got the 69 out!

I wanted to send my students home so I could leave early, but I had to last all 9 periods. Went home, met Pops, and went to where the car was...

Dirty!!!

Guy decided to tell us now that it has 2'' drop springs- oops. ground clearance?

thats about twice as much as my mustang has!!

Then it was go time... almost wish this one was coming with us

Serious Pops is serious

No, I didnt get to drive. Had to follow in the lil 300hp Accord- poor me. Might be faster then the pony at the moment, but it doesnt feel like it!

and a couple other pics-

Love it already!

But, did find a few faults with it now-

-Clunk from the front springs. mostly on smaller bumps- not bottoming out, mostly from smaller bumps. Sounds like there are no isolators on the springs? If not, we will be switching out for 1" drop springs.

-Speedo is off- a lot. says about 87mph when were doing 65mph. Trying to figure out which gear the TH400 needs!

-Radio cuts in and out: Seems that the speaker wires are loose. I hate electrical.

-drivers headlight out: If i mess with the connector, it comes back on. Bad ground? bad connector? once again, I hate electrical.

I plan on giving this thing a good cleaning, and taking some proper photos. We also plan on a set of LED taillights, finding a full spare, maybe some wheels to set it apart.

Also, random story time:

On the way back, I was following in the Honda. Suddenly I notice the Jeep that was next to the 69 checking it out put its flashers on, and a TON of smoke coming from the underside of the car. Uh oh. Pull over to the side, and saw what it was- somebody dumped a loungechair cushion on the road!! Headers melted it, and got a nice coating of synthetic fibers Nice way to start this relationship out!!
    Local person
    sigpic

cushion story reminds me - I was moving my possessions on a car trailer, and zipping down the freeway. I passed a semi, then the guy kept speeding up so I couldn't get over.... finally I sped up, got over just in time to see a chair come loose on the top off my trailer.... jerk trucker got the chair frame through his radiator.... I'm still irritated about losing that rocking chair, ah well, it did die valiantly

More likely the people with the lawn chair got home and said WTF is the cushion?!!!
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

What a beautiful car! That's one Chevy this FORD guy wouldn't mind owning.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Sweet find!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Very nice. What size are the wheels and tires?

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
            Very nice. What size are the wheels and tires?
            I believe 15x7 front, 15x8 rear. 235/60 front, 255/60 rear.

For new wheels, we have yet to agree... I think a set of Rockets, Keystones, or Olds SS1 (the SS wheel, but chrome instead of silver).

and no, we havent tried the line lock yet!
            Local person
            sigpic

Comment

Very nice car just one thing and it happen on my 69 to check the driver side fender the strip where the fender and door
              meets looks like it going up hill.

Comment

Thanks!

Also- Guess what hit a dear last night?!
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

Lookin GOOD !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                    Thanks!

Also- Guess what hit a dear last night?!
                    Please tell me it was the accord and not the chevelle.
                    Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

if you are teaching school ..you should have your own 69 chevelle in no time

Comment

Like that year...very nice car, and THANK GOD it doesn't have some oversized billet crap wheels on it.
                        I like shiny, but something to be said for just keeping it looking correct.
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by CaminoKid View Post
                          Please tell me it was the accord and not the chevelle.
                          YOu would be wrong

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          if you are teaching school ..you should have your own 69 chevelle in no time
                          Starting soon- but I have other thigns on the list first. Get the forged shortblock into the Mustang, get a fulltime gig, move out of my parents house...

and i think the girlfriend would kill me if i bought a Chevelle before a ring!
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X