The Benefit of Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Benefit of Revenge

Some of y'all might remember that one of my biggest complaints about the coworkers is how they expect me to always haul stuff for them (work AND personal) because I have a truck. Hell, the stress from it is what put me in the ER last summer. This weekend was our big board meeting and student orientation, which of course requires lots of crap be moved to different locations. What did this genius do? I drove the car the last 3 days and told 'em the truck was out of commission It's a Mustang, so nothing would fit in it that they needed to move. Some unexpected pluses: it has a higher mpg than the truck, it's loud as hell so I had an excuse when they tried to call, and it's just fun. I'm not sure why I haven't driven it more in the last 5 years, but I'm seriously considering makin my pumpkin purty again
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Is the Mustang named "Revenge" ?

Comment

Haley, I'd be hard pressed to not drive the Mustang if it was sitting there but to make an even bigger point RE mpg and hauling stuff, think moped. That'll make them look somewhere else for their selfish hauling needs, for sure!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
        Is the Mustang named "Revenge" ?
        No, the revenge is driving the mustang and making the coworkers haul stuff for once. The mustang is Punkin.
        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Try the word "no" a little more often. Glad you're less stressed.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Leave the tailgate open and see if they ask you again,bet they wont,also break their stuff and tell em it happened on the way over. Throw it out and tell em it got stolen.

Comment

Scott's got the real best approach. The real one.

"No."

That's a hard word, but there it is. It's a tough case but there are times to apply it.

It's amazing how hard it is to use. That's why a whole lot of us never do. And suffer the whole time as we go.

From somewhere (I sure didn't make this up) I recall the definition of stress. It's when your mind is screaming, "Not in a million years, HELL no," but your mouth says, 'Sure, I'll be glad to.'"

That's stress. That's the real deal, as far as stress is concerned. And it's actually created, right there, on the spot.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X