No announcement yet.

My Man Cave House I am Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Jeff- You happen to have say 15x40 feet of unused garage you want to send my way?
    Assuming you are down near Kansas City, hope to hell you built some sorta Tornado shelter in that place.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Sweet! All steel, NICE!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Looks like a great start,to a great plan.

My friend in Tucson built a 5000sqft garage attached to a 1200sqft house....later after getting married he added another 4000sqft to the house,now it's all for sale (except wife,she's ok BTW) Oh it also has a 60X120ft "Garage" on about 7 acres. West of IH10 against a mountain. Price is low seven figures.

Comment

Don't make it look like a house until the County assess it.......... If they see your going to be living in it they will assess it at a higher tax rate...........Tell them it is a Barn..............

Comment

keep us posted!!

looks good.somewhat green with envy....im doing a 32 x56 pole barn rel soon....just waiting on GF to give birth!baby on the way in 6 weeks.....
            "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

As Far as Taxes, I am a Christmas Tree Farm! The whole 5 acres was Chrismas trees I got a steal on it then took a 963 loader from work and clear some off but left tons of them, they are so tight there is no grass even but where I have cleared now.

I will make a storm shelter. The building are very strong once built. The house will have a 4 inch gravel with 3 inch concrete the 3 inch foam and vapor barrior then 3 inches of concrete over the top this all makes the hot water heat go up. with a wood fired or propane water heater. It has reflective bubble wrap vapor barrior and will be foam sprayed over that 2 bedrooms on huge one small. My Boys room will be huge over the Garage and two exits in case of fire, but done after its passed off for tax reasons. I had a 50X100 a 1/2 mile down the road but lost custody of it 10 years ago when I moved to leavenworth when my ex took my kid there. He is ready to live with Dad and go to School when I am done.
              Last edited by JeffMcKC; April 22, 2012, 05:09 PM.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I.Hate.You.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I.Hate.you
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Totally unreal. Great stuff. What's the big door for.....just in case you get a Peterbuilt tow rig ?
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I am done with the house thing only troubles if I ever get Married or anything close again plenty of room for a second house they can pay for and live in at the other end and wear a path to bring me a Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Totally unreal. Great stuff. What's the big door for.....just in case you get a Peterbuilt tow rig ?

I dont want any reason to have to work outside in the winter.

Comment

^^^ that's precisely why my 30x50 with access only to the short side, is too small.

Great deal Jeff - the in floor heat is spectacular - having "flex fuel" capability is great too, wood, propane, coal, used oil drip, etc.

Working outside in the cold/wind sucks out loud, especially if you're trying to weld.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yeah, I am pretty beat up and the cold stays with me a lot longer than it used to.

Comment

WOW...sounds well thought out!

" A wise man, when confronted with data that his theory is wrong, does not discount the data.....He changes his Theory."

^^^....HHHHHMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Working...
                              X