Car Was Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Was Blues

Yeah, this weekend while I'm off I'll just wax red, and mow the yard and update my website and all of those things, and also I'll....

Waxing Red is killing me. I think I've gotten 27 years older since November when I bought Red and waxed him all over right away. With great vigor and enthusiasm.

Same bottle of gel wax, same rag, different (me) body for me to work with. Dang. It's satisfying of course, as everybody knows, to rub on your favorite car and make it shine. But I've been at it now for the better part of two days and I'm about half done.

I'm hiring a Mexican to hand-wax Red next time. I'll sit in a chair with a beer and watch and say, "You missed a spot." Or "se ablo da goof," whatever it takes to get the point across.

EDIT: The thread title was supposed to be "Car WAX" Blues. That's how tired and worn out my hands are.
    Last edited by pdub; April 22, 2012, 01:11 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Typical peewee behavior.
    You overdo everything.

Frickin RELAX, dude!
    Last edited by studemax; April 22, 2012, 01:40 PM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Typical peewee behavior.
      You overdo everything.

Frickin RELAX, dude!
      Good advice Stude. Okay, now I can (relax). I'm done. But I sure did stink up the garage and half the neighborhood with the Tire Wet spray. What the heck is IN that stuff? Makes the tires look great, but WHEW, that's stuff's awful! First time I've tried it. Gee whiz....that stuff's AWFUL smelling!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Shiney tires.....lol.
        I use Simple Green to keep mine flat black........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          Shiney tires.....lol.
          I use Simple Green to keep mine flat black........
          Yep - it's called clean Ed.
          I never liked any tire dressings - I seem to get it free at car shows, etc. but it just makes it harder to keep em clean. Bleche White once in awhile and dish soap occasionally works for me.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I washed and waxed mine in about an hour...seems youre doing it wrong peewee..

A good waxing is needed every so often but in general I use a good spray wax/detailer...they are easy on easy off and you get a nice shine provided the ol' girl aint a filthy nasy pig when you wash it. PIck up some micro fiber towles for the job, they are great and dont scratch the paint.

I use tire shine on mine...I put it on, let it sit the wipe all the extra off, gives it a clean look without being too glossy...and it wont sling off and muck up the car when you drive it.

I also have a new Craftsman buffer that I picked up off Craigslist for 15 bucks. Makes the mundane task of hand waxing go by real quick...

Us old dudes need all the help they can get...
            Last edited by JOES66FURY; April 23, 2012, 08:09 AM.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I wait for the rain. as long as it is coming off the ocean.

I feel a nap coming on.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nufinish - last a long time, super easy to get off.

I've paid to have my wife's car detailed - I may end up doing the same for my DD - with the little guy, and us both working full time with her traveling schedule - there's no time for this sort of thing.... I need to hire someone to clean the house too come to think of it.
                Last edited by milner351; April 23, 2012, 08:44 AM.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I used to spend all weekend datailing my daily driver. Now I take advantage of every broken sprinkler next to the road spaying water ten feet in the air.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                  X