No announcement yet.

road trip to Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE WORK.... I will be very interested to hear about the little item on the trailer.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Best of luck on the competition! It's a beautiful day to be driving, enjoy...
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Way to go! I started a robotics team in a middle school a few years ago. We ended up doing pretty well. We participated in BEST robotics. We didn't have the funding or live in close proximity to a FIRST hub. First is definitely a nice competition.

Here is my team: I'm the goofy guy in the background... robot in the foreground.

Last edited by bishir; April 24, 2012, 08:41 AM.
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

I was surprised to see it too. haha Jim is delivering that car to a friend who moved. Killin' 2 birds with 1 stone. Robot competition and car delivery.
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            I was surprised to see it too. haha Jim is delivering that car to a friend who moved. Killin' 2 birds with 1 stone. Robot competition and car delivery.
            Ahhh, DANG! Then UNDANG, thought the car was the ROBOT... Then thought the humans lose out not driving that sweet ride..
            Ah. Merely the way the club pays for the trip... Smart!

Comment

saw him today...he called this morning looking for a place to check the case..my place is pretty small so i took him out to a buddies place...they drained some fluid ,we fed them some BBQ and sent them on there way....by the way the, coupe is super nice...a very well done car....

Comment

That's great! best of luck to ya and your boy...
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Just heard from Jim..........he's about 30 minutes away from
                  Springfield, MO.

Staying in motel right behind mine.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Have fun!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

we made it here! only a few more hours to go to get to the robots tomorrow.Thanks for the room Thom! And thanks for dinner Mike and Ron!

Also thanks to James and Mike for helping with the suburban. I think this is what happened...

put new engine in. New engine had leak in rear main seal. Replaced engine seal after removing transmission. Replaced transmission. didn't tighten cooler inline fitting enough. After fixing that leak, added some fluid to transmission, got it a little too full. Also the seals between the transfer case and transmission are old and leak some. More fluid went from xfer case to transmission. Pulled trailer with it, heated up trans, and fluid dumped out the vent in the transmission, all over the transfer case. Couldn't really see where it was coming from, transmission dipstick showed it just barely over full. After screwing around with it for a while we finally figured out what was going on, dumped a quart out of the transmission, and it's all better.

Still need to replace those seals in the transfer case adapter.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

When can we expect some pics,we all love pics!
                        Serriously take care, it must be cool to be with your son on a trip like this.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I'm jealous. I want to go boating on Lake of the Ozarks right now. Have a great time.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	jim.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	861668Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim a.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	861669Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim b.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	861670

Took few photos while Jim and his son were sleeping in this morning.
                            Got to meet with both of 'em for awhile last night.......hopefully will hook up again in St. Louis.

Told him that suburban would be a rusted hulk if it
                            was in Missouri. I commented on the nice wax job.

The vehicle being delivered is pretty damn cool....six banger and all.
                            Nice old school setup.
                            Last edited by Monk; April 25, 2012, 04:58 AM.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I was wondering if the coupe was owned by your co-pilot on Drag Week Jim ? He was a nice guy, I'm bad on remembering names though.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

no, not Dan's car.
                                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                                X