10 Cars That Refuse to Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Cars That Refuse to Die

I find it hard to argue with most of this list...except the GEO....

I know there are more...what are they?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I'm fine with that list except the 4runner. the 4 cyl 4runner was fine, but the 6 was garbage. Also, the Fiat, one might argue that given scarcity, racecars are reliable....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

another anti-list.

are the tards with kiddy vise grips upset at their own loss or what..where do the anti-lists come from.

subaru wagons all of them...

the one they think is the worst is the only legacy that goes outback...and it never got a label more than 2 characters long.

I am driving one.

I agree with 3 of them.
      the volvo eats its cylinder walls in a perferct runtime to half a million. the diesel eats its rails like an 80s subaru...and damn that automatic...
      but those cars are the best to have a mig welder for. they run a long time.
      the crown vic, old ones..double sumped. carbed. the smart mechanic with egr stuff removed. that is the last high miler local.

the rest is as fairy taled as subaru wagons and summary of "all of them"

anything inline is a joke, unless diesel, or volvos approach of dog slow and enlargen the torque.

the strangest thing just happened.
      I looked out the window after posting:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	vic 001w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	861642

the world is a repeating internet.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 23, 2012, 10:57 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The term "refuses to die" to non car people means you can just put gas in it and drive it for 300k miles. I have experience with a few of these cars after working as a service advisor at a Volvo and a Honda dealer for a couple of years. Every one of those mentioned has it's achilles heel including the supposed BULLET-PROOF Crown Vic. Pretty much any car will live forever if you decide to throw enough money at it.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

the volvo made me laugh though "dawn of man-1996" that is about accurite though those old inline turbo 6 volvos lasted forever

my grand marquis lasted untill 200k untill things started breaking and it was a police car and was beat on every day of it's life. i say the panther deserves it spot. your milage may vary though. and really the things that did go out on it are not that major. plastic intake manifold cracked at 210k, a spark plug blew out at 203k do to some one over tourqing them (not surprised most fleet garages use impacked wrenches on them), and one of the 4 cats have failed at 207k

hell my car still has the factory fuel pump now that i say this watch i will have to drop the tank as soon as i get done swapping the intake manifold lol it also has a full tank so it's going to happen for sure now lol
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
            The term "refuses to die" to non car people means you can just put gas in it and drive it for 300k miles. I have experience with a few of these cars after working as a service advisor at a Volvo and a Honda dealer for a couple of years. Every one of those mentioned has it's achilles heel including the supposed BULLET-PROOF Crown Vic. Pretty much any car will live forever if you decide to throw enough money at it.
            locale is everything.
            I used to get mad until I went overseas.
            west coast is just as midgeted. enjoy that lovely egr cleaning breeze...oxygen levels with molecules fat enough to feed a 1980s ricer intake manifold.
            mention what tough is and reading it on the net needs an icelandic blogger, a touch of siberian..and the american autobahn from hell on the 75mph 95 north in maine....

hondas have been the sickest joke since transverse drivetrains...and dodge colt awd.

my dad to this day makes all rigs a pansy ass. you know what? he misses mechancial fuel injection and no turbos at all, the uptight smack of fire so tight it could shake eyeballs.

I just checked on the coffee lid gasket I made for the 34 year old monojet. now it can add a half century more...
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 24, 2012, 08:35 AM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I see one or all of these cars on a daily basis out here. there are so many of the Volvos, Benz, Olds, and Crown vics on the road out here its sillly
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                With enough time, parts cars and a welder, they can be reborn after they are dead.

Comment

Working...
                X