Smart Phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Phone?

Somebody left this phone at the main guard desk at work. We all had a great time laughing at it, we are easily entertained. Nobody knows who left it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smart Phone 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	878595
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

The last time I had to get a new phone I looked at everything US Cellular offered as I wanted a dumb phone. My requirement was that it place telephone calls. I don't want it to monitor my pulse or give me all the stats for every sports participant who ever lived. I have a computer for Internet access. And a camera to take pictures. They didn't have any such thing (they don't offer a Cricket). So I got the dumbest one they had, which evidently only has one PhD. ME's has 10 or 12 PhD's, a JD, and an MD, as close as I can tell. Answering a phone call or hanging up from one is almost impossible, however. Seems to me that it FAILS its primary function but what do I know?

Dan

Comment

At the insistance of my family I gave up the fight (the second time) and retired my 8 year old Motorola Razr and got a Droid Razr and I'm actually getting along OK with it. I promise you if I can learn this thing anyone can but of course I have a 13 year old Granddaughter to Coach me, LOL! One interesting side note here, my faithful old Razr is in a box in my breifcase just in case I pitch this thing!
      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I'm not a phone expert, but I just got an iPad with facetime. I can see the time when we don't have to type any more.
        We will log on to bangshift and talk to each other.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I like my Android... Everyone I know with Iphones are taking them back because of their terrible reception and dropped calls
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
            I'm not a phone expert, but I just got an iPad with facetime. I can see the time when we don't have to type any more.
            We will log on to bangshift and talk to each other.

Already do that... Purple is the outfit I use... "talk" to my wife (when I am away from home) kids and some buddies..
            There are several outfits catering for the deaf. " See and Talk" type of thing. Gotta have WIFI for it to work... Love my iPad!
            Don't even bother sitting at the computer no more... Right now...iPad!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I like my Android... Everyone I know with Iphones are taking them back because of their terrible reception and dropped calls
              With ATT yes... Terrible!
              Son has iPhone with Verizon... Works where my iPhone does not (ATT)

ATT is ridiclous, really... At mom's (7 miles out of town) I got service in the living room, bedroom in front, front porch and parking area... Nowhere else on that 66 acre farm! Verizon, EVERYWHERE!

Comment

When we first came to Wilmington we had AT&T. Worked OK in the living room but signed off when we walked into the contiguous kitchen. We went to US Cell and all is well.

Dan

Comment

Stupid work gave me a new stupid Blackberry and this morning on my stupid bus ride in I accidently locked the stupid screen and now I can't do anything with it!
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Love the note! lol.

I'm getting one of those doodle bug ones with the big buttons. All I want it for is to call people and talk to them. I'm not a big texter. Kinda like my bosses kids. He says "girls will text books that say nothing all day. The boy goes like this:

KidA: Hello
                    KidB:Hi

KidA: sup?
                    KidB: nuttin

KidA: cool
                    KidB: 'bout you?

KidA: Nuttin. Later.
                    KidB: Later

My texts go along the line of:

P: Beer
                    M: k

This means - "meet me at the bar for a beer please." so I can sort of see texting as convenient sometimes. If it takes more typing than that, I call. There's an app for that.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

One time at one of Tricia's soccer tournaments, one of the girls hurt her ankle. she was sitting under the canopy and the coach was looking at the ankle and turning her foot all around saying she may need to have an x-ray. Then he takes out his fancy cell phone and all I could think of was is there an App for that? Turns out he was going to call his brother the sports medicine doctor...
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Nothing wrong with smart phones... I prefer the Android... I still have my ancient Blackberry (blue screen) somewhere...

They serve a purpose, at least for me... No games on my phone... If you want to play angry birds... do it at home where nobody can see you...

Comment

Yeah, my phone just talks. And it can text, but I only had to learn how quickly during a job emergency where I was getting texts from the Boss, and we had to do stuff quick.

But I learned that there's a whole nuther thing to the being "wired" thing when I got to the HR Reunion track in KY and nobody was there.

Dang, socially stranded after all that driving to get there.

So, give me just a cell number or two to call, and then we can HUMAN network after that.

I'm in the Dark Ages, and I know it. But as the Harley guys say on T-shirts, "I'm only wearing black until they make something darker."

Just give me some humans to interact with and all's well.
                          Last edited by pdub; April 26, 2012, 03:00 PM.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When you text, talk or email on a smart phone... You are interacting with another human... Sometimes even more than two humans!

At the same time!

How about that!

The gosh, shucks thing just doesn't fly... Interaction when it comes to business is what you make it...

Comment

Smart phones are awesome, need a level to level something....there's an app.......Need to convert units of measurement.....there's an app........Need GPS directions, they have Maps with turn by turn navigation, plus looking for a restaurant just search it in maps and it gives you the closest restaurants to your position........Want to surf the net, you can do that to.....Play music, rock on!!!!.....Oh ya you can make phone calls with it to, or link it to facebook and have all your friends phone numbers......and we all know about texting, the easy way to tell someone something without wasting 15 minutes on the phone talking about BS......... And for all you people that don't have 4G yet, it makes life a whole new experience.........Just think mobile hot spot and tablet or laptop computers, internet on the go.......

Comment

Working...
                              X